PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 09-10-2007, 06:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 52.32 MB
Thumbs up Heavy AA-Guns on WHV-Battleships

Hello all together!
As you know, I am building the Bismarck from WHV in the moment. It happend now, what I ABSOLUT had no idea, how to build the heavy AA-Guns correctly, it was not possible for me to fold the bottom and the inner sides of the gunturrel correctly, I cut them down from the main part to glue them seperate. After the third of the 8 guns I refused, picked up the phone and called WHV directly. THEY explained my step-by-step how do build them correct and after the telefonecall they sent me an email with the ways. As this email is much more informative than the orginal instructions (I only can speak for thegerman one of course!) I would like to ask you, if you are interested in this email here on the forum in german or of course translated in english. On kartonbau.de I had already pasted it in my last post on the build report, as I have the permission of Mr. Wolter from WHV personally to do it. Let me her your opinion - perhaps it may help some time... The same guns shall be used on the Bismarck, Scharnhorst, Gneisenau, Prinz Eugen and the "Panzerschiffe".
I have included a small picture of the gun-part to show what I mean

Frank
Attached Thumbnails
Heavy AA-Guns on WHV-Battleships-23-flakbau.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 09-10-2007, 02:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
I'd be interested

Cheers
Old 09-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Manic View Post
I'd be interested

Cheers
As would I
Old 09-10-2007, 02:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
I agree. At least post the German language instructions if it is too painful to translate.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Frank -- Please do. I am sure that the techniques will be applicable to a wide range of models, even if the specifics involve German WWII major fleet units. Tutorials and advice on techniques are ALWAYS interesting and helpful. Don B.
Google Adsense
Old 09-10-2007, 09:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Frank, Having many of the WHM models in the "to do" list (and being very rusty ins Deutsch, I would greatly appreciate any help I can get.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kelle View Post
I would like to ask you, if you are interested in this email here on the forum in german or of course translated in english.
In German or in English is OK Frank.... Anything that helps with building the model would be useful. I'll add it to my tutorials folder on my storage drive. Because then when I come to do it I'll have the information I need. Thank You.

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
LINK: Designing America's First Railway Locomotive, "Stourbridge Lion"
Old 09-11-2007, 05:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 55.56 MB
I have the Prinz Eugen from WHV and would also like to see how its done.
If these little guns are mystery builds, having this information before starting will be invaluable.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 52.32 MB
Hello Bluenoser! They are no "mystery builds" but a little bit tricky and easily to be misunderstood when you build it like the instructions describe, the email WHV sent me makes it much easier, so I will try to translate it for you.
@ all:
I have phoned with Mr. Wolter from WHV today and asked him, if english instructions were available. Unfortunatly he told me yes, but not for all ships. Also this point depends on WHERE you had bought the kit. In the english catalogue some technical general descriptions were included, but not specified for a single ship. So my suggestion (in fear that I may regret it later): When there are problems in understanding the instructions, please ask me by forum/PN or mail and I will try to solve the "knot" - as I am in contact with WHV perhaps in coaction with them.
To make it absolute clear: YES I am a salesman, but for special tools in the industry and NOT for Papermodels and also NOT for WHV, I will have no profit or benefit or anything else from it. I only made the offer in case you need it and later on I need help from you. (Hough - I have spoken). Or... One dirty hand will wash the other one... as we speak in german..
Frank
Old 09-11-2007, 05:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Frank - thanks I appreciate your offer in the spirit of generousity it is offered.

BTW - Anglos use the same expression about one hand washing the other.
Google Adsense