Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 05-27-2020, 09:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 82.09 MB
hello Heiner,

Awesome work & I'm envious of your rigging skill, she looks beautiful
Old 05-29-2020, 03:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 461.87 MB
HI everybody!
@ Chris: this is brilliant: safe, spacious, reliable, just - well, I imagine how to drink a pint with the others, having forgotten the keys at home (again). NEVER stick it to Your drinking arm!
@ Decaturbeginner: Thank You very much, but there is no reason for envy, JUST BUILD HER STRONG, whatever ship You are working at! My clumsy "skills" at rigging would have ripped apart every other model I did so far, I just tried here for the first time a method, some real artists use: using rings of thread, being inserted into a laminated deck and secured backwards with superglue. Watch picture 25, each of these will carry the whole model and even I was not able to tear them out again (by accident, that is...). The rest is not-giving-up and a soundproof door behind which to retreat...
Well, yesterday brought some new parts on board. The steering quadrant was inspired by Facebook and might have been more slender, as well, as the foghorn, but here they are and probably will stay. The second masttop is set and needs rigging, a second dingi is required for the starboard set of davits, then it will be time to finish the foreship, close the railing - and fly the flag.
As a matter of fact, I already ordered the book
Attached Thumbnails
LV-87 AMBROSE, Digital Navy, 1:250-46.jpg   LV-87 AMBROSE, Digital Navy, 1:250-47.jpg   LV-87 AMBROSE, Digital Navy, 1:250-48.jpg   LV-87 AMBROSE, Digital Navy, 1:250-49.jpg  
Old 06-07-2020, 11:54 AM

Tadaa!
It´s my great pleasure to present to You the finished AMBROSE! The railing at the back was slightly burned, we seem to have used some not-so-good-cardboard for the purpose, but I used it anyway. The netting around it covers the gaps nicely, and besides I plan to close them later on or replace the railing alltogether, when I get a new set from my wife (she is the Yeda in our family). The netting would be black, but that makes it far too dominant, so I granted myself a little creativity on that behalf. The netting is from some trianguar teabags, called "pyramid bags", and aside from being fantastic stuff for modelling, they usually put good tea inside, so I highly recommend a try on it.
Flying the flag was a bit of a problem for me, as putting tension on the lines led to a complete deformation of the aft masttop (after all, it is still made just of cardboard), but I found some compromise - and noe she is finished.
I will make some more pictures for a gallery later on, when the right background for these photos arrives, but for now this is it Thank You very much for Your attention and Your praise!
Besides, I will put the files for the lasercuts and my alternative parts in the download-section; I hope You will find them useful.
Bye!
Attached Thumbnails
LV-87 AMBROSE, Digital Navy, 1:250-50.jpg   LV-87 AMBROSE, Digital Navy, 1:250-51.jpg   LV-87 AMBROSE, Digital Navy, 1:250-52.jpg   LV-87 AMBROSE, Digital Navy, 1:250-53.jpg   LV-87 AMBROSE, Digital Navy, 1:250-54.jpg  

LV-87 AMBROSE, Digital Navy, 1:250-55.jpg   LV-87 AMBROSE, Digital Navy, 1:250-56.jpg   LV-87 AMBROSE, Digital Navy, 1:250-57.jpg  
Old 06-07-2020, 03:01 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Great build Heiner - and she really looks the part!
Old 06-07-2020, 06:06 PM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
This gem from Digital Navy is always fun.
Thanks Heiner.
Google Adsense
Old 06-08-2020, 09:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 82.09 MB
It's beautiful work Heiner, thank you for posting her here
Old 06-09-2020, 04:18 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Heiner,

I noticed you uploaded the Ambrose and your created parts, however, there is no file for me to approve.
Also, only upload your created parts, and not the orginal Digital Navy Ambrose kit, unless Roman has given you permission to do so.

If you have any trouble uploading the file, and need some help, send the file to me, forum name at gmail.com and I will get it posted for you

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 06-09-2020, 06:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 115.31 MB
Spectacular work my friend! Absolutely charming and a treat for the eye! I hope you are pleased - the model is very well realized with your additions.
Old 06-10-2020, 11:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 33.09 MB
Really great work Heiner, the additional parts you designed are a very good upgrade!
Old 06-10-2020, 03:55 PM

Gentlemen - Thank You very much, I´m very pleased to have pleased You. I sent the files with my ideas to Rick (this time via email) ad hope they will find his approval. Anyway, without Romans really fantastic kit all this would not have been built, so I would like to thank him most of all for giving her to us!