PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 09-17-2020, 04:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
Waterline vs Full Hull

What a nice subject for a card model. This is perhaps the ONLY scale model of the Carpathia available, plastic or card. Only drawback, not a full hull model. waterline models are only good for modelers who are making dioramas or with a nice base imitating water, which is not easy to make. When the waterline model is displayed on a wooden shelve, it looks rare. Perhaps you should do both versions as some other model printers do, allowing a full hull model or a waterline version to satisfy both modelers.
PETE
Google Adsense
Old 09-17-2020, 05:20 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petestein View Post
Only drawback, not a full hull model. waterline models are only good for modelers who are making dioramas or with a nice base imitating water, which is not easy to make. When the waterline model is displayed on a wooden shelve, it looks rare. Perhaps you should do both versions as some other model printers do, allowing a full hull model or a waterline version to satisfy both modelers.
PETE
Why not offer your services to JSC, Wilhelmshaven and other publishers who publish only waterline models, and help them design the added part of the hull?

If not, just accept and respect their publishing decision and build those kits which have full hulls, as it seems to be your preference.
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 09-17-2020, 06:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 207.51 MB
Rickstef, I couldn't agree with you more. JSC has also full hull models, but not on scale 1:400. It is not only disrespectful to the publisher but also to us waterline modellers. I think Pete you are expressing your own opinion in this matter. I put my models on a wooden shelve for a practical reason. If I have to put all my models into dioramas or on bases imitating water I just don't have enough space.And no I don't find it rare to see them on a shelve. I could say the same thing about full hull models standing on a standard. All of us have our own reason for the choices we make.
Old 09-17-2020, 06:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlueIt View Post
Rickstef, I couldn't agree with you more. JSC has also full hull models, but not on scale 1:400. It is not only disrespectful to the publisher but also to us waterline modellers. I think Pete you are expressing your own opinion in this matter. I put my models on a wooden shelve for a practical reason. If I have to put all my models into dioramas or on bases imitating water I just don't have enough space.And no I don't find it rare to see them on a shelve. I could say the same thing about full hull models standing on a standard. All of us have our own reason for the choices we make.
they have a fine model of rotterdam rembrant with a full hull option,i prefer waterline as they are far easier to display without stands
Old 09-17-2020, 06:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstef View Post
Why not offer your services to JSC, Wilhelmshaven and other publishers who publish only waterline models, and help them design the added part of the hull?

If not, just accept and respect their publishing decision and build those kits which have full hulls, as it seems to be your preference.
my thoughts exactly
Google Adsense
Old 09-17-2020, 07:33 PM

Quote:

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Unfortunately, I am not a card model designer and cannot do it as your suggestion which I appreciate very much. If I could do it, it is just obvious I would have done it. I am just a humble card modeler who enjoys this hobby very much. My suggestion is that you, an expert card model designer and builder as stated elsewhere, can help doing this job that only expert designers can do. Some of you guys defend waterline models. That is fine but there are also other modelers who would like to have a Carpathia with full hull. That doesn't mean we "attack" those chaps who prefer waterline, as someone else said. Thanks to all for your nice comments.
PETE
Old 09-17-2020, 07:42 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Well, this is a first for me, because I have never stated that I am designer, i am friends with many designers, but i do not design.

well, I recall that when waterline models are shown, you do attack the publisher, for failing to provide a full hull option.

So, my suggestion still stands, accept and respect those who publish waterline kits, and stop criticizing a long held publishing philosophy
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 09-17-2020, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Well, this is a first for me, because I have never stated that I am designer, i am friends with many designers, but i do not design.

well, I recall that when waterline models are shown, you do attack the publisher, for failing to provide a full hull option.

So, my suggestion still stands, accept and respect those who publish waterline kits, and stop criticizing a long held publishing philosophy
Yes Sir!!! It's not a suggestion, it's an order which will be faithfully and unconditionally obeyed. No more "attacks" as you call them when I respectfully suggest full hull models.
Best wishes, my friend.

Pete
Old 09-17-2020, 08:06 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

If you do break that "order" can I put you in time out?
Old 09-17-2020, 09:22 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

I moved all these posts and created a separate thread for this conversation, so that Kasia can post in her Carpathia thread
Google Adsense