PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 11-16-2020, 01:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Heinkel 1/200 S.S. FRISIA

Ahoy PaperWrights

Been Away For A Longgggggggggg While tired If plastic and wood I will Be Here for A While. This Is A Paid DownLoad I I got On Line I Obtained Two Files The US.S.S MAINE And The Vessel Under construction the Immigrant Ship S.S. FRISIA A Close Comparison to The Oceanic class Vessels Of the Late 19th Century. These Heinkel Kits Go Together Very Well without fit Issues. Starting out With the Hull frame and Moved to the Full Hull Version although the Selection Is Optional Waterline Or Full Hull the choice Is to the modeler. After the Hull plates Skins Were attached I Burnished same Weather the Hull Plates with Pastels Sealing Same with Acrylic Clear Matt . No Bilge Keel in the kit A simple One Can Be Fashioned from Doubled Card Stock.

While the Hull Is Drying time to construct The Display Base Very Strong In Its Construction. As Of Now Cutting Out the Hull skins And attach Same these will Be On the Next Construction update with construction Photos to. As Of Last week I Never Knew How Much I missed Paper kits I will Be Here for A While I got to Get Back Into the Swing Of Paper It wont take long Being Around Plastic wood Has Drifted My Paper Skills On the Back Burner Everything Is coming Back to Me. I Have A lot Of Builds coming this way. A lot Has gone On since I Last Posted Here My Wife Passed Away I Had to move due to Progress Of Building New homes Buying Mine and Destroying Same.

Below Are A Few Pictures Of the construction Please stay Posted I Have 2 More Builds that Need Finishing up will Be Posted Back Here On My Old Threads I started. Please Be Safe Wear Mask This Virus Is No Joke A Population Destroyer It Is At 77 Years Of Mty age I got to Be Careful Or Goodbye Boats. Here Are the Pictures

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Heinkel  1/200  S.S. FRISIA-dsc00058.jpg   Heinkel  1/200  S.S. FRISIA-dsc00059.jpg   Heinkel  1/200  S.S. FRISIA-dsc00060.jpg   Heinkel  1/200  S.S. FRISIA-dsc00061.jpg   Heinkel  1/200  S.S. FRISIA-dsc00062.jpg  

Heinkel  1/200  S.S. FRISIA-dsc00063.jpg  
Old 11-16-2020, 01:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Nice to have you back, Boats!

Your latest is taking shape very well. Looks like you haven't lost any of your paper modeling skills.

Frisia represents an interesting period of naval architecture and looks very good to my eye.

Don
Old 11-16-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Nice to have you back, Boats!

Your latest is taking shape very well. Looks like you haven't lost any of your paper modeling skills.

Frisia represents an interesting period of naval architecture and looks very good to my eye.

Don
Thanks Don I Feel Back At Home again I Miss Paper modeling I will Be Here For A Long While. Please Be Safe Buddy Boats
Old 11-16-2020, 02:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.86 MB
Looks like a lot of fun there boats. Condolences about the Mrs.
Your paper model friends are here for support if need be.

Jeff
Old 11-16-2020, 02:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
good to see you back sir
Google Adsense
Old 11-16-2020, 03:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 128.43 MB
Nice start, I'm glad you're building again!

Regards, Joe
Old 11-16-2020, 04:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 935.52 MB
Boats,

Great to see you posting again. I love following your threads. The new project is taking great shape.

Stay safe!
Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Old 11-17-2020, 03:20 PM

Attaching Hull Skins And Weathering

Ahoy PaperWrights

Another constructional update On the Frisia Thus Far From Last Posting The Hull Skins Have been attached to The Hull. These Computor Designed kits Are A Great Relief From the old School Hand drawed Publications, Best Of all no fit Issues. the Skins went on with no fit Peroblems I went Beyond the Tale I Went ahead and done some weathering on the hull and Still Needs A Little more Subtle Then Over Done. I Learned From A an English modeler I Quote He Said In America Modelers Build to clean No substance Of Its elements.

Using Pastels work Very Well with Paper kits Its What It Was Designed for Paper, As Of Now Letting the Skins Dry and I will go Back and do some Tuning On the hull with My Burnishing tools Adding A Little more rust Stains Also I added Gang Ways I am quite Certain In the Late 19th Century Trans Atlantic liners Of This Design Had Gang way doors For Boarding. Two coats Of Krylon clear Were Added To seal the Paper Every time Pastels Are Used On the model Seal It with Krylon clear Or any Acyrilic Areo sol will Seal the Deal.

A Hardy thank you for your views and comments more Construction Updates Will Be Posted Stay Tuned I am Getting The Paper bug And Have A lot to Cat6ch up On Here Are the Update Pictures

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Heinkel  1/200  S.S. FRISIA-dsc00072.jpg   Heinkel  1/200  S.S. FRISIA-dsc00073.jpg   Heinkel  1/200  S.S. FRISIA-dsc00074.jpg   Heinkel  1/200  S.S. FRISIA-dsc00075.jpg   Heinkel  1/200  S.S. FRISIA-dsc00076.jpg  

Heinkel  1/200  S.S. FRISIA-dsc00077.jpg   Heinkel  1/200  S.S. FRISIA-dsc00078.jpg   Heinkel  1/200  S.S. FRISIA-dsc00079.jpg   Heinkel  1/200  S.S. FRISIA-dsc00080.jpg   Heinkel  1/200  S.S. FRISIA-dsc00081.jpg  

Heinkel  1/200  S.S. FRISIA-dsc00082.jpg   Heinkel  1/200  S.S. FRISIA-dsc00083.jpg   Heinkel  1/200  S.S. FRISIA-dsc00084.jpg   Heinkel  1/200  S.S. FRISIA-dsc00085.jpg   Heinkel  1/200  S.S. FRISIA-dsc00086.jpg  

Heinkel  1/200  S.S. FRISIA-dsc00087.jpg  
Old 11-17-2020, 06:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
The skin hull personally doesn't work the first time either. And I am the designer! It is a part very difficult job...
There are many factors. mainly the thickness of the paper.
With sandpaper you have to smooth the card skeleton, especially at the stern of the boat. the skin has to sit well. Never never force.
I always include more distance in the stern and bow skin to cut the excess.

Good work popeye!
I follow your constructions on your youtube channel!

I forgot ... the boat did not have a Bilge Keel.
SHIPMODELL: SS CIMBRIA ocean liner 1867
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/heinkel-models
Old 11-17-2020, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinkel111 View Post
The skin hull personally doesn't work the first time either. And I am the designer! It is a part very difficult job...
There are many factors. mainly the thickness of the paper.
With sandpaper you have to smooth the card skeleton, especially at the stern of the boat. the skin has to sit well. Never never force.
I always include more distance in the stern and bow skin to cut the excess.

Good work popeye!
I follow your constructions on your youtube channel!

I forgot ... the boat did not have a Bilge Keel.
SHIPMODELL: SS CIMBRIA ocean liner 1867

Thank you Dear Sir I Will do your Design justice And A Hardy Thank you for your comment I am Honored I Also Have Two more kits From your design I Have The Battleship Maine almost done Need Finishing I will post the Build Soon o Catch Up On that Build thread. The bottom Hull Skins were tight But Present no fit Issues This kit Is Beautiful ( love the Late 19th Century Ships Of that Era. I Removed the Bilge Keels You Are Right they did not Exist Until the turn Of the 20th Century. I Should Have Known I Gave the Kit some life By adding subtle weathering to give It Age although She Was Scrapped In 1906. Better Designs Were Being Built Leaving Her Obsolete. Thank you Very much For Offering This kit to the modeling community

Boats