PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 02-05-2021, 01:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 209.22 MB
Hello friends,

second try! In the first pic you can see the frames for the underwater hull. And you see three vertical pairs of cardstock arising out of the frames. I'll try to build the underwater section and the part above the water as separate units. And as you can see on the second pic the two parts can be connected together. After putting the hulls over the frames we will see wether it works or not.
Attached Thumbnails
Proud Mary 1:50 Schreiber Verlag-uws_spant.jpg   Proud Mary 1:50 Schreiber Verlag-uws_ows_spant.jpg  
Old 02-07-2021, 01:15 PM

Hello friends,

now I'm working on the underwater hull. In pic 1 you can see I added two pairs of cardstock to fix the two parts in two directions. Pic 2 shows that I added paper stripes on the transversal frames, but that was not necessary. When I fixed the hull parts at the keel and at he edge of the underwater frames, the hull parts got smoothly rounded by itself (pic 3). I withdraw the temptation to fix the hull parts on the transversal frames, the result would be very ugly. The most difficult part is shown in pic 4. Left hand its rounded convex and at the right hand it is rounded concav. I fixed it at the keel and wait for drying the glue well, because I suppose the whole part fixing is not possible without tension.
Attached Thumbnails
Proud Mary 1:50 Schreiber Verlag-uws_spant_2.jpg   Proud Mary 1:50 Schreiber Verlag-uws_spant_3.jpg   Proud Mary 1:50 Schreiber Verlag-uws_hull_1.jpg   Proud Mary 1:50 Schreiber Verlag-uws_hull_2.jpg  
Old 02-07-2021, 03:31 PM

Hello all,

now one side is ready planked.
Attached Thumbnails
Proud Mary 1:50 Schreiber Verlag-uws_hull_3.jpg  
Old 02-13-2021, 03:53 AM

Hello all,

now the underwater hull is completed. Some workarounds were necessary at the rear near the rudder and the ship's propeller, these are counted on my skills and not the construction. I like the plank design very much.
Attached Thumbnails
Proud Mary 1:50 Schreiber Verlag-uws_hull_ganz.jpg