PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 01-17-2021, 02:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 80.02 MB
Yamato Project by UHU02

Hello,

Does anybody know more about this Yamato project from UHU02 or has a contact address, e-mail etc. of him?? see link:
Looks very interesting !!

uhu02 ペーパークラフト

Can't find the finished product in his designed models yet !!
So please if someone knows more, I would be interested in this !!
Google Adsense
Old 01-17-2021, 03:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
UHU02 has been working on this Yamato for some time. I believe it is still under development, as he is making a very detailed and well-documented model. He doesn't seem to have finished it himself yet.

Unfortunately after being harassed (and banned) in another forum he decided to close his blog and make it accessible to Japan-only IPs, so no foreigners can contact him or send comments anymore to his blog posts.

In previous years he has openly released his models. But I seem to recall in one of his older posts when beginning the Yamato that he was considering to make it a private/limited release like he did with the Silent Running robots. But he may change his mind. Who knows.

Last edited by Rubenandres77; 01-17-2021 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-17-2021, 05:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Even those access to his models has been restricted, it's still awesome to follow his detailed design process on his blog...

...and we are fortunate and grateful for the access to his previous models that he did share...
Old 01-20-2021, 06:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
UHU02 has broken up all ties to the Western world from one day to another. I was a fervent supporter of his work and contacted him to know what was going on. He did not respond to ANYONE. His latest blog entry is pretty old, no-one knows what is happening or if he is still alive. It is very unfortunate and sad but we have to accept his decisions. I agree, we should be happy and grateful for the greatness he has given us.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenandres77 View Post
UHU02 has been working on this Yamato for some time. I believe it is still under development, as he is making a very detailed and well-documented model. He doesn't seem to have finished it himself yet.

Unfortunately after being harassed (and banned) in another forum he decided to close his blog and make it accessible to Japan-only IPs, so no foreigners can contact him or send comments anymore to his blog posts.

In previous years he has openly released his models. But I seem to recall in one of his older posts when beginning the Yamato that he was considering to make it a private/limited release like he did with the Silent Running robots. But he may change his mind. Who knows.

Agreed.

Hilarious that a designer who rarely talked to anyone,
let alone the english speaking fans that he couldn't understand,
is now criticized for not responding to demands and harassment.

Hilarious that I was once attacked for commenting on the way Uhu chose to distribute his work in the face of harassment and plagiurism.

Hilarious that Trump made it to the end of his Presidency...but there it is.
Google Adsense
Old 01-20-2021, 08:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
I've been wondering what happened to him a bit lately, I was keenly following the start of the Yamato design thinking it might be the first of his models I might actually build. I had a feeling he might've restricted access to Japan only as that had been discussed a while ago. I've always been amazed by his attention to detail but something I read before he stopped posting in his blog amazed me even more, if I was reading it properly, he's got to be somewhere around 80 years old.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000