PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 04-18-2021, 09:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.29 MB
Nice model of the USS Forrestal (CVA-59, later CV-59, and AVT-59).
USS Forrestal (CVA-59, later CV-59 and AVT-59)

It also had the fire on board in 1967.
How the 1967 Fire on USS Forrestal Improved Future U.S. Navy Damage Control Readiness | The Sextant
Old 04-19-2021, 02:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
also something a bit special here--------https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EERe7XEPeuM
Old 04-20-2021, 05:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 720.98 MB
Wow, that's really cool! Nicely put together and great idea to make the planes first. I'm just making the lifeboats and davits for Statendam which aren't even difficult per say, so I can completely understand what Herky's on about!
Old 04-22-2021, 11:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.15 MB
Good Day!

Thanks for the compliment and more background info on the Forrestal! I knew a C-130 had landed on a carrier but didn't know it was so many times, and that it was on the Forrestal.

The airplanes have the wing fold lines printed, and the lines are labeled for optional cutting on several of the kits. I decided to try out folding the wings on an F9 Cougar. The only extra parts I made were two tiny "slivers", sort of lens-shaped, to fill the end of the wing stubs. I did not make them for the wingtip sections because those were pointed to the ground and won't normally be seen.

By the way, the score is 10 airplanes finished: 5 different types in pairs. My goal is 15 airplanes and then I start the ship.

Best regards,
Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
1/250 USS Forrestal aircraft carrier (Wilhelmshaven)-img_1560.jpg   1/250 USS Forrestal aircraft carrier (Wilhelmshaven)-img_1562.jpg  
Old 04-22-2021, 02:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
It is amazing. Not only the fantastic WHM design but your incredible patience and work. And I can see the model is REALLY very accurate. What a clever idea to make the airplanes first. I'm sure that if you made the ship first you would NEVER make the aircraft as a last job.
Google Adsense
Old 04-24-2021, 12:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
The Website for H&B Precision Card models is https://hbprecisioncard.com. Just opened, hosted in the current WHV website. Advantage is H&B is in the US, so local postage rates apply for US buyers rather than transatlantic ones.
Old 04-24-2021, 12:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGiraffe View Post
Good Day!

Thanks for the compliment and more background info on the Forrestal! I knew a C-130 had landed on a carrier but didn't know it was so many times, and that it was on the Forrestal.

The airplanes have the wing fold lines printed, and the lines are labeled for optional cutting on several of the kits. I decided to try out folding the wings on an F9 Cougar. The only extra parts I made were two tiny "slivers", sort of lens-shaped, to fill the end of the wing stubs. I did not make them for the wingtip sections because those were pointed to the ground and won't normally be seen.

By the way, the score is 10 airplanes finished: 5 different types in pairs. My goal is 15 airplanes and then I start the ship.

Best regards,
Kurt
Looking forward to your full air wing.
You know that these could be easily be posted on the aviation section ;-)
Old 04-24-2021, 12:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
A little off-topic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermodelfan View Post
The Website for H&B Precision Card models is https://hbprecisioncard.com. Just opened, hosted in the current WHV website. Advantage is H&B is in the US, so local postage rates apply for US buyers rather than transatlantic ones.
Thank you Rob!
Very nice, finally I will be able to get the Temes monitor of the Danube Fleet.
The other ship that I really like is the German state yacht Grille. These two ships by WHV are the only models that I know in paper/karton.

ps: And thank you and your peers in Atlanta for battling in the good fight!
Old 04-24-2021, 10:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermodelfan View Post
am in new zealand and have always dealt with whm direct
Papermodels, Cardmodels, Wilhelmshavener Modellbaubogen, Bastelbogen, Kartonmodellbau, Kartonmodelle, Architektur, Schiffe, Flugzeuge
Old 04-25-2021, 04:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.15 MB
Hello,

The two F4 Skyrays are finished. I went ahead and folded the wings on the first one. As on the Cougar, the fold lines are marked on the wings. All I added was one part to fill the wing stub between the top and bottom surfaces -- a small sliver shaped roughly like a lens (VERY roughly, indeed!).

This finishes #11 and #12. Hang in there and this "airplane thread" should become a lot more "nautical"!

Best regards,
Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
1/250 USS Forrestal aircraft carrier (Wilhelmshaven)-img_1565.jpg   1/250 USS Forrestal aircraft carrier (Wilhelmshaven)-img_1568.jpg   1/250 USS Forrestal aircraft carrier (Wilhelmshaven)-img_1570.jpg   1/250 USS Forrestal aircraft carrier (Wilhelmshaven)-img_1571.jpg   1/250 USS Forrestal aircraft carrier (Wilhelmshaven)-img_1572.jpg  

Google Adsense