PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 04-12-2021, 07:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 559.14 MB
Eight planes

In March 1964, the Israeli Air Force magazine published in Booklet No. 64 the eight aircraft of the American aircraft carrier in a shade of gray and not olive green as the German original I was ten years old when I built them and they are among the only ones I saved from my mother's cleanliness and they are still with me
Abraham
Attached Thumbnails
1/250 USS Forrestal aircraft carrier (Wilhelmshaven)-1.jpg   1/250 USS Forrestal aircraft carrier (Wilhelmshaven)-2.jpg   1/250 USS Forrestal aircraft carrier (Wilhelmshaven)-4.jpg   1/250 USS Forrestal aircraft carrier (Wilhelmshaven)-6.jpg   1/250 USS Forrestal aircraft carrier (Wilhelmshaven)-10.jpg  

1/250 USS Forrestal aircraft carrier (Wilhelmshaven)-01.jpg   1/250 USS Forrestal aircraft carrier (Wilhelmshaven)-1.jpg   1/250 USS Forrestal aircraft carrier (Wilhelmshaven)-4.jpg  
Old 04-12-2021, 08:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.15 MB
That's pretty neat! Interesting that the airplanes have been through some color changes.

This morning I am working on one of the wings and was puzzling over the front intake area. Your photo gave me the answer - Thanks!

Best regards,
Kurt
Old 04-13-2021, 04:22 PM

The F9 Cougar is finished. This one had missiles and drop tanks which took awhile to make -- and were also hard for my old eyes. I might leave them off the second one, when I build it, since the airplanes weren't always carrying full loads when they sat on the deck.

Take care,
Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
1/250 USS Forrestal aircraft carrier (Wilhelmshaven)-img_1544.jpg   1/250 USS Forrestal aircraft carrier (Wilhelmshaven)-img_1545.jpg   1/250 USS Forrestal aircraft carrier (Wilhelmshaven)-img_1547.jpg  
Old 04-14-2021, 02:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
I'm standing back in astonishment, Kurt. Your exemplary work on the sub-tiny pieces deserves a medal.
Old 04-14-2021, 04:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
Nice work on the Fury

Too stiffen the landing gear you can use thin CA glue to bond the paper fibers. best to apply the CA after the assembly of the part.

a second approach is if the landing gear are printed with a fold line between the two haves and when folded the part will have printing on both sides. you can laminate a wire between the two haves too stiffen up the assembly.

Jim Nunn
Old 04-14-2021, 06:27 PM

Part of the reason I don't cut the landing gear struts as thin as the pattern is because my eyes don't see as clearly as they used to, so I have more trouble with very fine cuts. I am more likely to cut too far, or off to one side, and destroy the tiny part (based on prior recent experience). So I'm settling for the method of trimming wider and using the excess for added strength. Not as pretty, but practical.

I'm taking a short break from planes (partly because I have more coming in the mail in a day or two!) to work on tugs. They are also complicated for their size, like the airplanes. Since I don't see tugs in very many aircraft carrier photos, I'm only going to make two of them.

- Thanks Philip!

Best regards,
Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
1/250 USS Forrestal aircraft carrier (Wilhelmshaven)-img_1551.jpg  
Old 04-17-2021, 11:32 AM

Hello,

The crane is finished. Now, back to airplanes...

Take care,
Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
1/250 USS Forrestal aircraft carrier (Wilhelmshaven)-img_1554.jpg  
Old 04-17-2021, 11:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Very nice crane. I think that a busy deck is what makes the difference when you do an aircraft carrier!
Old 04-18-2021, 05:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 720.98 MB
Time to invest in a magnifier!

Looks like the Suisun Bay fleet!
Old 04-18-2021, 05:44 PM

Hello,

These airplanes and vehicles that Wilhelmshaven designed are surprisingly good. When I started this project, I was thinking that I was simply making "stage props" to create the appearance of a busy deck. As it turns out, each airplane (or vehicle) is a good-quality model. Now I understand why they have so many parts.

The first F-11 Tiger is finished. By the way, this airplane did not include a wing spar. Maybe it was because a card part would have been too thin and would come apart? Instead, I used some brass wire that I had available.

Best regards,
Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
1/250 USS Forrestal aircraft carrier (Wilhelmshaven)-img_1558.jpg  
Google Adsense