PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 08-19-2009, 09:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
CSS Wilmington beta build

I've started work on a beta build of CTErtz's CSS Wilmington. So far, I have completed the hull. It went together well, with only a few very minor problems. It is going much smoother than my first design! It is very well done. Unfortunately I don't have any photos since my camera was "borrowed" and cannot be retrieved until tomorrow but I promise I will post some tomorrow morning. I think ct deserves a round of applause for tackling a subject with so few references and producing such a fine result!

Tomorrow, I will begin working on the casemates and the funnel, of course, along with some photos.

[email protected]
Google Adsense
Old 08-20-2009, 09:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Looking forward to it!
Old 08-20-2009, 11:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Thanks Avery, I am a bit nervous though. I hope it works out OK. I already corrected the hull size. I await any other needed fixes. Thanks Again,
CT
Old 08-21-2009, 08:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Here's the hull. There was a very minor problem with the frame, and CT got it fixed, but in the meantime I built this hull from solid cardboard. I have installed the sides at the bow, I think the stern piece might be a bit too short, I'll have to measure it and see for sure. As you can see, it is a very nice and well detailed model. I have begun working on the casemates, hopefully I will finish tomorrow since I am going away for a week on Sunday.
Attached Thumbnails
CSS Wilmington beta build-img_5003.jpg  

[email protected]
Old 08-27-2009, 12:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Your making me panic here. I hope that you are having no problems with the build. I am guessing real life caught up with you and you are on your trip. Be safe, and I look forward to seeing some pics next week!
CT
Google Adsense
Old 08-30-2009, 08:50 AM

PLease don't panic CT! I have photos for you, and I will post them today! My computer is dead (actually, computer is fine, screen is dead) but I can use a borrowed computer. I have just a couple of other very minor corrections. I think it's good for you to go ahead and release it. It is a very fine model and I will try and have the pictures for you tonight. Great job!

[email protected]