PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 10-14-2021, 08:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 80.02 MB
Bedankt voor het antwoord, heb mijn vraag ook nog op Dutch Fleet forum gezet, afwachten wat ik daar voor een antwoord krijg. Iemand anders opperde dat het misschien ging om verstevigingen in het dek !!??

Thanks for the answer, I also put my question on the Dutch Fleet forum, maybe someone put his viewings on there too. Someone else suggested that this were probably deck reinforcements !!??
Old 10-14-2021, 11:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 694.82 MB
Well, I'm curious about the answer you'll get over there, but it got me thinking where should the K stand for in case of "reinforcements"....???? Can't find any word in Dutch.....
In both drawings (Tromp en De Ruyter) the K is used in the list of abbreviations for "kasten" (cabinets or lockers in English) so it might be as simple as that....
Old 10-15-2021, 01:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 80.02 MB
Hallo, Leon Homburg (Marine Museum, Den Helder) heeft mij de meest plausible oplossing gestuurd voor mijn vraag, de "K" staat voor Kooi, cq Hangmat die opgehangen konden worden voor de nacht !! Nogmaals bedankt Leon !!

Hi, Leon Homburg (Marine Museum, Den Helder) gave me the most plausible solution for my question, the "K" stands for Kooi (Bunk), cg Hammock that could be displayed for the night, thanks again Leon !!
Old 10-15-2021, 10:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 75.99 MB
Cruiser Hr. Ms. Java

Thank you all for your helpful and interesting comments and information. I have used the downloaded drawings from the archives for some other Dutch ships. I have scratch built many ships in the past (mainly from wood or brass) but not from card or paper so it would be a significant adventure to do this with Java.

Maurice