PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 11-25-2021, 01:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Thank you Rata for the very kind words. I'm impressed most that I managed to come this far. Anyways in the picture is my 'chart' to navigate next few days through the pleasures and evidently also perils ahead of me. ;-)

BR Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
His Majesty's Barque Endeavour 1768 - 1/96 model by Shipyard-chart.jpg  
Old 11-25-2021, 10:53 AM

This was a delicate puzzle. The weather deck hatchway came with the laser cut frame and detail set set. I painted it with acrylics and assembled it with super glue. I build and paint these details in advance and glue them in places at the very end. I will not make a post of every piece so these deck accessories will keep me busy for a couple of days (look at the instruction sheet in previous post). Till then happy modeling my friends.

BR Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
His Majesty's Barque Endeavour 1768 - 1/96 model by Shipyard-palapeli.jpg   His Majesty's Barque Endeavour 1768 - 1/96 model by Shipyard-kansiluukku.jpg  
Old 11-26-2021, 11:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 461.4 KB
Thanks!

Same to you!

Those gratings look "grate" ( ) when painted! Also, good job on the hull!

I am busy with my gun-ports right now and won't post from my build until I have at least one side ready glued on the ship frame. But meanwhile I am looking forward to seeing your and other builds here.

Rgds,
Rdk
In the Garage: PANHARD AML20
Old 11-26-2021, 01:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
Very nice work! I'm enjoying this one alot....
Old 11-26-2021, 01:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 128.43 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapcho View Post
Thank you Joe for the welcoming and and your kind comment. I must confess that during my absent years your thread ’Harbour 1800’ was one of the builds I followed silently. It offered a strange comfort and solace I needed during those years.

Best regards

Tappi
Thank you for your attetion Tapcho, it really touched me!

You made the hull very nicely!
These defects do not dominate the hull, the overall effect will be the main consideration. But of course you always have to strive for the best ... the stove is sensational, I hope you will work out a lot more detail this way.

I like that you didn't give up, you shared the problems.
This is why this community is important, there are always helping hands ...
... The google compiler doesn't cope with these more complicated thoughts. My daughter is helping, recently got a language certificate from English ...
Regards,Joe
Old 11-26-2021, 04:47 PM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Hello Tapcho,
Fun to watch your "adventure".
Nice work.
Mike
Old 11-27-2021, 11:19 AM

@RdK and birder, thanks for poppin'n in, I'm glad that you like what you see.

@Joe711 This forum is very helpfull, all you need is just ask. Though I seem to 'complain' a bit it's just conflict between ambition and results. So far I'm very happy with the ship.

Isn't it nice when ones kids come to that age they start helping us parents. That's just the best in my opinion.

@Mike, good that it's fun otherwise I would have to tone down that 'adventurous' part of the build. I appreciate you visiting the thread.

I made a little test. Tried to build the ship's smallest boat without the frame it is intended to build on. That is to build the hull with just the hull plates, forming them gently and glueing them edge-to-edge with gluetabs on the inside). It can be done and it offers a nicer 'authentic' looking structure inside the boat (no walls under the benches and so on).

The other reason was to practice before I build the real ones and test paper and cardboard weights and so on. That was the best lesson learned, I used way too thick material on this one. There are so many mini kits to build to have a ship, I like it.

Disclaimer: No original kit parts were harmed, misused or destroyed during this tryout. Photocopies only.

BR Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
His Majesty's Barque Endeavour 1768 - 1/96 model by Shipyard-paatti.jpg   His Majesty's Barque Endeavour 1768 - 1/96 model by Shipyard-paatti2.jpg  
Old 11-27-2021, 04:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Making good progress Tapcho.

Old 11-27-2021, 04:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapcho View Post
Disclaimer: No original kit parts were harmed, misused or destroyed during this tryout. Photocopies only.
Good thing you put that disclaimer. I was about to report you to the ISPCP (International Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Paper).

And nice work on that ship's boat. Another example of small but important details that all add up to a great model.
Old 11-28-2021, 12:51 PM

Thanks David and Rata. ISPCP - better safe than sorry. ;-)

Sundays are devoted to modelling too but not with the ship. Something related perhaps, yes. The ship's four pounder cannon in 1/20 scale (about the same scale as the stove shown earlier in this thread). Ring at the rear is copper wire and the knob is a scale matching pin. Other than those just cardboard, glue and paint. Tomorrow back to the main project.

BR Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
His Majesty's Barque Endeavour 1768 - 1/96 model by Shipyard-1.jpg   His Majesty's Barque Endeavour 1768 - 1/96 model by Shipyard-2.jpg   His Majesty's Barque Endeavour 1768 - 1/96 model by Shipyard-3.jpg  
Google Adsense