PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 01-12-2022, 12:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 694.82 MB
spreadsheet updated

It's unbelievable what the US shipbuilding industry has accomplished in a relatively short period of time between the mid-1930s and the mid-1940s. Especially when you consider that in the mid-1930s the shipbuilding industry in the US lagged far behind Europe and Japan.
This backlog was quickly made up and the records that were set will probably never be broken again.
I will also put these books on my to-read list.

I've added a updated version of the spreadsheet to this post.
I have also sent a request to the Webarchive administrators to create a special "collection" or "section" for these drawings. Finding the drawings should be an easier task once that section is created.
The counter is now at 75 sets of drawings, and I expect to be busy adding more drawings for a while.
For those who want to download the drawings, I can advise you to either download the jpg/png and files, or the pdf file. These are the original files as I downloaded and uploaded them.
There is also a possibility to download all drawings in jp2 format (jp2 is a kind of jpg file), but the drawings in jp2 format are made by the Webarchive's computer, not by me.
The drawings can be useful to base your models on, but keep in mind that they are not "ready made". So it is important to measure the drawings carefully, even within the same set, because I don't know whether all the drawings are in the same scale.

Here the link to the "index"
Attached Files
File Type: zip bogp_webarchivev1.1.zip (12.8 KB, 16 views)
Old 01-12-2022, 12:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Many thanks for the additional work you have done to make these valuable plans available to us!

Don
Old 01-22-2022, 05:34 AM

update 2022-01-22

Uploaded more sets of drawings...... attached updated spreadsheet
Attached Files
File Type: zip bogp_webarchivev1.2.zip (11.6 KB, 18 views)
Old 02-06-2022, 07:31 AM

Uploaded more sets of drawings...... attached updated spreadsheet v 1.3 (feb 6 2022)
Attached Files
File Type: zip bogp_webarchivev1.3.zip (17.4 KB, 10 views)
Old 02-06-2022, 05:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Thank you for sharing this important resource!
Google Adsense
Old 02-07-2022, 01:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 577.82 MB
Great collection of plans and nice to see the collection you have uploaded on Archive.org.

Regards,
Aadil.
Old 02-13-2022, 05:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Many thanks to you Foute man!!!
I finally saw this thread and then realized that I am using plans from your site to help design my Fletcher Class destroyer in 1:600. I had to design my own short/square bridge but the rest is gold!
It's folks like you, giving to their interest, that actually make the internet work and be wonderful.

Carl
Old 02-14-2022, 04:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 62.27 MB
Thanks Foute Man for all the drawings, its a great collection. Is it possible to fined drawings of USN cold war destroyers like Belknap class, Noontz class and Leahy?

Shalom Mor
Old 02-26-2022, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mor54 View Post
Thanks Foute Man for all the drawings, its a great collection. Is it possible to fined drawings of USN cold war destroyers like Belknap class, Noontz class and Leahy? Shalom Mor
Searched google for such ships, but no free/public domain drawings can be found unfortunately. My best guess is such drawings are still "classified" and we'll have to wait a few decades before they get the status "declassified".

Attached the most recent version of the spreadsheet v 1.4 (feb 26 2022), click on this link to go to the collection

I've added drawings for several British and American standard ships (WW1 & WW2). Ships built for or requisitioned by the USSB (United States Shipping Board) have prefix ussb, followed by either the ussb contract nr or the vessel's official id number. Ships built for the United States Maritime Commission have the prefix marcom, followed by their official Maritime Commission hull number. The exception is, when the ship are official Royal Navy, US Navy or US Army ships.
Ships built for private contracts and British built standard ships will have the prefix yn = Yard Number
There are official "Booklets of General Plans", = bogp and "General Arrangement Plans = ga. In all cases the General Arrangement sets are incomplete, in case of the standard ships my advise to you will be to check out the various "sister ships", so you might get a more complete set of drawings for a certain type of ship

A sample, MV Empire MacCabe, a Merchant Aircraft Carrier

Attached Files
File Type: zip bogp_webarchivev1.4.zip (20.7 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Foute Man; 02-26-2022 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-04-2022, 09:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 62.27 MB
Thanks Foute Man. I think the last of the cold war destroyers participate in the first Gulf war in 1991 - 31 years ago.

Shalom Mor
Google Adsense

Tags
bogp, booklet of general plans, ship plans