PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 12-14-2009, 07:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
French Destroyer Kersaint

Well again I will start a build thread, I hope this one goes to the completion of the vessel before my clumsiness and hard luck work to send to Davey Jones Locker:(! Anyhow, got my order today that included the replacement WAK Dunkerque French BB, but this is not the subject of the build, I also received another WAK kit, the Kersaint, 1/200. I also sprung for the laser cut frame and brass barrels. Wow, what a nice kit. The detail just jumps out at ya, the colors look dead-on thru all pages, no smudges of spots that did not color. This is a very involved subject for a Destroyer, but I am already chomping at the bits to start. Have read a thread on the construction but can not find again? But I do remember that the fella said it built easy and there was no real problems to report. Gave the deign/build a high score. For this reason I thought I would give her a try. Will post photos soon. Wish me speed and blessings for the completion of this French Tin Can.:DRick
Google Adsense
Old 12-14-2009, 08:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Looking forward to seeing this beautiful French destroyer take shape.

Don
Old 12-14-2009, 09:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Excellent I look forward to seeing another interesting ship build start.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 41.26 MB
Had never heard of this ship; looked her up on (Google) and Wow! That's a good looking boat.
I am sure that you will make a beautiful model of her and it's going to be fun watching her become real.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:05 AM

This is very good opportunity to follow your build from the beginning since I need inspirational build to get my clumsy finger back on track.
After six months of break I forgot how to build paper model

Student Yu
Google Adsense
Old 12-15-2009, 02:57 PM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Hello Papercut:
Looking forward to seeing your work on this French destroyer. From what I pulled up on the web, this is a good looking ship approx 423 feet (129 meters) in length. Good sized destroyer. I think she had 138mm (5.5 inch) guns.
Mike
Old 12-15-2009, 05:39 PM

Thanks to everyone for their interest in the ship, yes she is a very interest vessel, the way I like'em, big, bad and lookin for a fight. I will be trying some new techniques for this one, so bear with me and any help or tips will be most welcomed. For some reason I am attracted to French ships! If you look at the bow of this vessel, she has a what looks to me as referred to as a clipper bow. Research shows that French design throughout the history of their ships have at numerous times built some of the most beautiful ships to slid down the slips. For a Destroyer, she was big, packed a heck of a punch as brought out by another member, but sadly was scuttled before the occupying forces could take control of the French Fleet. I am excited about this build and hope to post a few photos after tonight of the frame. Again thanks to all who responded and YuG, I sure am glad to hear from you and I do so much want to help in anyway to get those fingers to working. Miss those postings of the MM HIEI.:DRick
Old 12-15-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Mash View Post
Hello Papercut:
Looking forward to seeing your work on this French destroyer. From what I pulled up on the web, this is a good looking ship approx 423 feet (129 meters) in length. Good sized destroyer. I think she had 138mm (5.5 inch) guns.
Mike
Yes Mike, you are correct, 5.5 inch guns X5, three sets of torpedo tubes, X4 37mm and X4 13.2mm AA, plus depth charges. She more than could hold her own in a battle.:DRick
Old 12-15-2009, 05:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 18.58 MB
If this model from WAK goes together at all like my Dunkerque then you are in for a real treat. A breeze after the Flower you just built for sure.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:38 PM

OK, here we go again. As promised a few photos of the humble start of this French Destroyer. I have began by a dry assembly of the 1st section, upper half of the bow as provided in the laser cut frame. Parts all lined up well w/no trimming, ready to be glued. I have also included photos of the laser cut frame sheets, the cover of the kit and the line drawing as provided with the kit. I will be leaving for a Striper Fishing trip and hope to after this weekend, by 1st of next week post photos of the completed frame. Until then, an revoir.:DRick
Google Adsense