PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 01-13-2009, 10:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Hey, I'm surprised to find anybody posting on this old thread!

I'm happy to see you here Yevgeniy. I would parallel post my build of Charles Martel on MW except that I'm afraid of violating some forum rule. I am preparing a report on my Victoria build for posting there sometime soon (I hope).

In the meantime, since you have discovered us here, if you like you can check out my complete Victoria build thread and the thread for the French Cruiser Lavoisier. I think that the last part of the Masséna build thread is also here.

Hoche was the first model I designed, and like Masséna was done at 1:400. The colors are poor as is the execution. The build thread for that is at www.zealot.com. I'm allowed to post "competing" forums here but not at Zealot so be careful if you join there. They are pretty much a giant robot and fantasy spaceship site anymore but there were some wonderful threads prior to about June 2007. I also posted some tutorials there that may or may not be replicated here if they are of any use to anybody.

I'm glad to see anybody from MW over here since it is a place full of modelers with wonderful skills. We do our best over here with paper and sometimes we can do pretty well.

Good luck and I would LOVE to see somebody build the Dupuy de Lome. You know that they also have a kit of Duilio? I have it and want to build it but it is at the wrong scale (1:200 instead of 1:250 for me). I may do anyway if I run out of things that I really want to build first.

Welcome to the world of paper modeling and I hope that you hang around long enough to give it a fair chance. PM me if you have any questions or want a little guidance..

Carl
Old 01-13-2009, 11:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Ummm... where's the MW forum?
Old 01-14-2009, 05:27 AM

Thank you, Carl, for your kind words and your reference to Hoche. I will look into it as I like the ship!

I plan to make Dupuy de Lome after A-5 Metallist sub (American Holland type) and Steregyuschiy (Russo-Japanese war destroyer) both in paper (company called Bumaznoye Modelirovanie from Russia/Ukraine) and in 1:100. Also I proceed with my "other" project which is plastic 1:350 Grosser Kurfurst. So Dupuy is "scheduled" for January 2009.

I am going to stay with paper modelling long enough as it gives a chance of "building" a ship instead of "assembling". Plus I get the chance of building ships I really want like Dupuy, Hoche, Beowulf, Sachsen, etc. etc. unavailable with other media than cardboard. So I will "share my love between my two passions": cardboard and injection plastic.

I am glad I found great people sharing this also here.

Yevgeniy.
P.S. Jim, as to MW forum I do not know whether I am allowed to post the link here so you can sent me a PM for the reply.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
It's OK to post links here...

The Ship Model Forum • Index page

This will take you there.

Carl
Old 12-27-2010, 04:06 PM

Regia marina

I would like to know if the REGIA MARINA had projects for carriers?
Google Adsense
Old 12-27-2010, 06:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
Yes, Aquila, and others. Google her.