PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 01-27-2008, 08:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
Hi Oliver,
I'm new here, but I'm not new at collecting plans, lithographs but generally no information and I have massive resources from technical journals of the day, catalogued and available for many ships, warships, submarines and oddball, including Lividavia, Alarm, Bessemer, Bazin's Roller Ship, which I built some 20 years ago, all of the Winan's Cigar Yachts (which defeated me as I like to build detail scale for r/c out of card) and well, the list goes on and on - my specific interest area is the changeover from sail to steam say 1850 - 1920, although my collection is extensive and up to the 1990's generally.
I like to "trade information" as I put out for the stuff I collected, in this case years ago and my resources are generally complete, or sufficiently so to get the job done and out of copyright.
I cannot work out how I send you an e.mail - so this will have to do.
Richard
You wouldn't happen to have any information on the whaleback merchant ships or the cargo ship Evelyn (later USS Asterion) or Carolyn (Later USS Atik)?

[email protected]
Old 01-27-2008, 09:17 AM

Hi,
Yes I do (off the cuff I don't remember the names of the said ships, but there are a few - its been 15 years since I last had a look through those) and some excellent plans too as I recall.
Richard
Old 01-27-2008, 01:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Richard, you have a PM.

[email protected]
Old 01-27-2008, 09:17 PM

@APA-168 - I've got plans for a whaleback "John Ericsson". Not sure where I put them at the moment, though. There might be some for that museum ship, the "Meteor".

Cheers,

Oliver
Old 02-01-2008, 07:07 PM

Hi Oliver,
I would like to purchase 2 of your models via PayPal, how do I do that? Where is the URL which leads me to the PayPal service?

Richard
Google Adsense
Old 02-01-2008, 07:36 PM

Richard, I just sent you a PM.

Cheers,

Oliver
Old 02-01-2008, 07:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
I believe you can get plans of most of the Great Lakes whalebacks from the Institute for Great Lakes research at Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, Ohio. There were only four baisc models, the barges (e.g.
Alexander Holley), the stemwinders (e.g. Meteor, originally Frank Rockefeller), the John Ericson, and the Alexander McDougall. The last two were unique designs. Hint, hint, Oliver...BTW, the Alarm looks like it is coming along nicely.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:13 PM

Re: 01-26-2008, 01:08 PM

I'm back!!
How are things, did you manage to use the plans I sent over for the Alarm and the Alarm's gun? Have you started any other projects? Had a go at the Bessemer yet?
Sorry, I lost your personal e.mail address, so could not contact you directly.
I have my scanner up and running now and if you like, I will scan all of my ships and warships plans directories & prints and send the pages to you by e.mail.
Then, when you want to start another oddball project, perhaps I will have plans for you to begin with.
Richard aka BigBenn