PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 12-09-2012, 10:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Smile Who are you?

The basic idea for this thread is to see a picture (as recent as possible)
of you followed by a few things about yourself.

I will start...
My name is Philip Shore and I am a 51 year old retired/disabled laborer living in Eureka, California about 1 mile from the Humboldt Bay.
I do wood engraving, scroll sawing, paper modeling and other creative artwork (see my website).

Recently I had 2 major surgeries and quit smoking cigarettes (that explains my absence). Am finally starting to feel human again...(hope that is not frowned upon) ;p

My most current endeavor is making pins with basswood using my scroll saw, the skull on my skull cap (see attached picture) is from Lenore Comics.

Hope to see some pics and info on you all as there is an overwhelming number of super talented people here, this ought to make for a very interesting thread...
See you around friends!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Who are you?-lenoreskull.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 12-09-2012, 11:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
alright i'm game. Here is me (and my wife).

My name is Greg Perry and I am 46 years old. While unemployed between 2009 and 2012, I found myself substitute teaching, delivering pizza and going back to school to get my masters degree so I could be a physics teacher. As fate would have it, As soon as I finished my degree I got a job as an engineer and moved from PA to IA. I live by the Mississippi river now, which is such a huge change from my life in PA.

I do plastic modeling, and read quite a bit in addition to paper modeling. I also enjoy logic type puzzles to keep my mind awake and autocross to keep my driving skills honed. The driving skills are used frequently here in IA. Whoever said PA drivers had issues have never driven here.
Attached Thumbnails
Who are you?-dscn3504.jpg  
Old 12-09-2012, 04:43 PM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
I'm 39 years old (again!), a professor of business management at a Ripon College, and a marketing/PR/communications consultant. I have been a professional writer of one sort or another since I was 16.

I was raised in Wisconsin by a psychologist and a Siamese cat, ran away with the circus for a summer when I was 19, and once wrestled a Bengal tiger.

I have written four non-fiction books and five video documentaries--four of them for the Military Channel. I've been a guest speaker at the National Air & Space Museum.

I wear a kilt (I don't own a suit). I like good red wine and single malt Scotch. I'm married to a Family Practice Physician (36 years) and have two beautiful daughters.

My favorite comeback: "You Earthlings really crack me up sometimes."

The photo is of me and my daughter Robin on the day she graduated from college and became an Nat'l Guard 2nd Lt., wearing my father's WWII "butterbars." I'm very proud of both my girls.

--David
Attached Thumbnails
Who are you?-robin-me.jpg  
Old 12-09-2012, 05:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear List:
Seems like every couple of years we do a thread like this. I am 61 years old work for a nursing home in Niagara Falls New York as an activity aide. I live in Youngstown, New York about one mile from Old Fort Niagara and about 1.5 miles to the border with Canada. For the last 15 years I have taught Victorian Dancing at a local museum. Google: Amherst Victorian Dance Society. The Picture is of me and my 11 year old Daughter Erin at the Victorian Ball in the early part of November.
Enjoy,
Miles Linnabery
Attached Thumbnails
Who are you?-img_0699.jpg  
Old 12-09-2012, 06:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
OK it's my turn, my user name is Richkat..that is my name (Richard) and my wife's name (Kathy) combined. I'm 53 and work for a lightning protection company as a machinist. My hobbies are astronomy and modeling (paper and plastic) and before I got married motorcycles. Here is a pic of my wife and me at a place called Clark Gardens west of Fort Worth last year....Rich

Who are you?-100_1398.jpg
Old 12-09-2012, 07:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Ohhhhkay, you asked for it
48 years old, married with three kids. Oldest in college, youngest in the elementary school so pretty good spread.
Doing contracting work for Verizon (phone company for those unfamiliar with it) engineering fiber optic lines in Tampa Bay area.
Interests: card models, mostly ww2 airplanes, science fiction and history.
Photo is of my wife and myself on our outing in St Petersburg (Flordia, not the other one) staying in Vinnoy Renaissance few months ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Who are you?-p1040404.jpg  
Old 12-10-2012, 07:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.23 GB
Last of the old hippies!!!

69 going on 12 according to all reliable sources!!
Taken on the Santa Monica Pier Nov. 2012, wearing my standard uniform of the day. If I spent as much time inside as I do outside, I'd probably complete a lot more projects. No longer gainfully employed, and if I'm not dumpster diving for hidden treasures I can usually be found on said pier trying to murder innocent fish!!

Old 12-10-2012, 10:43 AM

Thumbs up

Dear Greg, David, Miles, Rich, Michael, and Peter,
Thank you for your replies!
You all look well and happy and I am glad to see you!!
I'm glad for you to see me too I GUARANTEE!!!

Nice to know there are still people here with enough courage to make themselves known and show their faces if ya know what I mean...

I am having a hard time believing David is 39...I do however believe Peter is going on 12...must be the rich California air...;p

Last edited by Phil; 12-10-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Hi Phil - I was glad to get the update on you, to hear that you are doing well, and to see the info and images of other friends.

My bio info is pretty much up to date. PaperModelers.com - View Profile: Don Boose

To expand a little: I'm 72 years old; I served for 30 years in the Army and have taught at the Army War College for 22 years (completed 50 continuous years of service with the Army this year); after nearly 50 years together, Lil and I have five adult kids, some grandsons, and two cats; I have published some books and other writing and have another book in progress; I am an unskilled and intermittent paper model builder, but I post a lot; I enjoy classical music, opera, and jazz; I enjoy walking beaches, trails, and old battlefields and watching birds, butterflies, wildflowers, trees, airplanes, trains, ships and watercraft, pre-1953 tracked and wheeled vehicles, and anything run by steam or more than 50 years old.

My avatar and bio image are not too old, and my visage appears all too often in these pages, but here are the three most recent photos:

Image 1: Lil, me, grandson Christopher (Kai, 12), younger son Don3, daughter-in-law Judy (Fu-hsuan), grandson Don4 (Wei, 17), taken two weeks ago on Thanksgiving. Don3 runs the website for a large communications firm, Judy teaches school, Wei designs computer games and enters college next year to study art, design, and computer science. Kai is a writer. Judy, Wei, and Kai are paper modelers. Missing from the photo: oldest son, Ed (retired Marine Chief Warrant Officer/aerial navigator) and his wife, Susan; eldest daughter Peg (UCC pastor); middle daughter Fran and husband Rob (skilled outdoorspeople); and youngest daughter, Lydia (bank v.p.).

Image 2: The Boose Boys awaiting the door buster Black Friday sale at the World's Greatest Small Independent Bookstore.

Image 3: Birder and me at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center in front of the Renault FT light tank. Although I do not get much paper modeling done, and what I do is not of high quality, I do very much enjoy the camaraderie of the paper modeling community in this Forum and love to meet other paper modelers in person.

Looking forward to seeing more from the rest of you.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Who are you?-01_half_of_boosefamily.jpg   Who are you?-02_blackfriday.jpg   Who are you?-boose_and_birder.jpg  
Old 12-10-2012, 02:34 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ultra
well u asked for it

hello my user name is ultra (my true name is omar i think it's about darn time i said it) yeah i'm that little fellow on the s23 field gun

i'm a student of 17 of a military high school in cairo called nokrashi

i like guns all sorts of guns i do paper modelling a bit of amateur photography and a bit of amateur astronomy and a very small bit of computer programming and as i said i live in cairo egypt (more close to downtown than u think)

well i think that's it that's it

ultra stone
Attached Thumbnails
Who are you?-539638_248464911922549_558600192_n.jpg