PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 10-08-2021, 02:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
Burgess-Dunne BD-3

While I'm waiting for the beta-testers to end the Dc-9-30 versions, today I have finished a new model: the Burgess-Dunne BD-3.
Fiddlersgreen has a BD-1B, but the -3 model has never been done.
A funny thing is that is another seaplane, so I feel like I'm running the risk to be cataloged as an hidro-designer.
Funnier is, my next model is another seaplane more, so I'm already resigned.

Returning to the BD-3, the scale of this model is 1/72, but it will be released in 1/33 scale too.
Currently the model is being assembler by another beta-tester, and will be released in ecardmodels once the color pictures are available.
Attached Thumbnails
Burgess-Dunne BD-3-burgess-dunne-inherently-stable-armored-airplane-no.-36-..jpg   Burgess-Dunne BD-3-nueva-imagen-de-mapa-de-bits.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 10-09-2021, 07:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile

Interesting plane, is one of my favorite subjects you have a customer
Old 10-21-2021, 05:43 AM

The 1/33 version of the plane is finished, just waiting for the beta-tester to assemble them. Or, I can do it in b/w and paint it like I did with the Stranraer and He 115.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 18.75 MB
do you have a link to the offering?
Old 10-21-2021, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoamyDM View Post
do you have a link to the offering?
Don't understand the question, I'm not english native. I send the files to a beta-tester, and I'm waiting for the pictures of the assembled model to publish it on ecardmodels. It's that what you are asking?
Google Adsense
Old 10-22-2021, 08:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.46 GB
I´m buying this model , thanks s lot, I'll be following
Old 11-09-2021, 03:03 PM

After some time, the BD-3 beta tester had some time to start the assembly and send me this pictures.
Once it's finished and if he doesn't have any observation (sometimes the instructions have to be improved, for example), then the model will be uploaded in ecardmodels.
I find this model a very interesting precursor of the flying wing concept mixed with one of the first winglets/sharklets that were designed. And has the same wingspan that some WWII attack planes! So better reserve a 42 cm width stand for the 1/33 scale model :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Burgess-Dunne BD-3-db-wilson-1.jpg   Burgess-Dunne BD-3-db-wilson-2.jpg   Burgess-Dunne BD-3-db-wilson-3.jpg  
Old 11-09-2021, 03:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.46 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
After some time, the BD-3 beta tester had some time to start the assembly and send me this pictures.
Once it's finished and if he doesn't have any observation (sometimes the instructions have to be improved, for example), then the model will be uploaded in ecardmodels.
I find this model a very interesting precursor of the flying wing concept mixed with one of the first winglets/sharklets that were designed. And has the same wingspan that some WWII attack planes! So better reserve a 42 cm width stand for the 1/33 scale model :-)
Omg!! that looks so epic .. i just bought mine, thank you for such an interesting aircraft
Old 11-09-2021, 04:42 PM

Wilson Valbuena has finished the beta-test of the 1/72 version, so I have the pictures necessary to upload both versions (1/72 and 1/33) to ecardmodels. I hope that they will be available before 11/15/2021, if you want the model before that, you can contact me.

He told me that the construction was easy and the instructions clear, so... enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Burgess-Dunne BD-3-db-wilson-4.jpg   Burgess-Dunne BD-3-db-wilson-5.jpg   Burgess-Dunne BD-3-db-wilson-6.jpg  
Old 11-12-2021, 08:10 AM

When I published the previous pictures in the papermodelers' facebook site, somebody else included a picture of the BD-3 in military marking. A bit of googling told me that it entered in service in Dec 30 1914, and that 26 planes in different configuration were made in total (Burgess-Dunne | Secret Projects Forum).
So I'll see if I have time to release the same DB-3 model I made but in military markings.

Correction: Couldn't find anywhere a picture of any burgess-dunne in military markings, so I won't doing a livery of the plane I'm not sure it existed. The picture in the facebook post is of a model so badly molded (by the factory, not the modeler) that I wouldn't doub that the marking were an invention.

Last edited by Draco; 11-12-2021 at 09:10 AM.
Google Adsense