PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Silveroxides Projects

Old 08-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
The buggy

More on the build.The body section is done for now, will pick it up later. The making of the framework for the rag top.

I used a plain surface paper towel. The paper towel without no designs, and I spray painted it a matte black. It gives the look of canvas and is easy to manipulate.
Attached Thumbnails
Horse drawn Buggy-027.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-028.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-029.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-030.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-031.jpg  

Old 08-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Eternal Member

The buggy

More on that rag top.

Rolled under and glued the front.

Spread the bars and glued a patch in the center. When those were set, placed another patch to the rear and wait for it to set.

Test fitted on the box.

This item will be the last to be glued after finished.

It can be place in working position or rolled back like an early style convertible.

NOTE: I believe I forgot how to show the build for the dash metal handhold. It is made from a paper clip and folded to the desired configuration and then clamped with brackets of paper strips.
Attached Thumbnails
Horse drawn Buggy-032.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-033.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-034.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-035.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-036.jpg  

Horse drawn Buggy-037.jpg  
Old 08-19-2009, 05:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Magnificent work!

Any fear that the paint will eventually harden the rag top and cause it to crumble or crack when rolled?

Don
Old 08-19-2009, 06:05 AM
Eternal Member

The buggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Magnificent work!

Any fear that the paint will eventually harden the rag top and cause it to crumble or crack when rolled?

Don
No. The paper towel tissue is not overly saturated and it folds and bends almost like it was real canvas but without the strengh.

Here are some more updates on the build;

The making of the box supports were made from soft bailing wire. Cut the lengths and hammered the edges flat and formed them into hooks for the top hangers and 90 degrees for the bottom part.

Did the flatting procedures for the foot pegs also.

Notice that I made a handrail around the dash. I omitted to do the build for this, but it is an option I added on.

Did a test fit of the box on the hanger supports. Again, those spoke wheels were too big and had to rescale them.
Attached Thumbnails
Horse drawn Buggy-038.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-039.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-040.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-041.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-042.jpg  

Old 08-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Eternal Member

The buggy

More on the Buggy. Place all the metal parts on the bottom and made some hold down clamps for them. I used super glue to hold them in place.

A thin strip of card stock was attached to the foot pegs to kep it from swinging back and forth.

Starting on the new wheels. Making of the center hub spoke support.

The wheel jig, hubs and round wooden tooth picks for spokes.
Attached Thumbnails
Horse drawn Buggy-043.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-044.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-045.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-046.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-047.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 08-19-2009, 01:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.69 MB
Are these going to be available for purchase?
Old 08-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
Are these going to be available for purchase?

Not yet, I still have to work out some details in the plans. both the stage Coach and the Buggy are actually in the beta stage. I am still making parts as I go. I have to make the baggage and trunks for the vehicles.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Eternal Member

The buggy

One thing about this Forum, with the influx of all the new members and the cream of the crop designers and builders, the topics move fast on the home page. On THAT other site, I have an old post that has been on the front page for a week now. I don't have any problems finding it. Here, sometimes I have to go to the Forum's page and look for my section so I can update it.

Well here are a few more build sequences for you all.

On the jig, I drilled the holes on the indicated channels from the outside in.

I then put a small amount of glue on both ends of the spokes and I insert the tapered end from the inside out of the rim. Then I lay down the blunt end on the center hub. In this case the hub bottom is laminated 3X. The spokes are from round tooth picks.

After all the spokes are placed in their positions I smear a generous goop of white glue on top of the center spokes. Be careful not to let the glue overflow to the jig

The place the other side of the center hub over the goop. Should be laminated 3X.

The four wheels are done and all the main pieces get a generous coverage of matte black as an under coat. (This is the reason that I do not worry about marks on the white beta look. It will be covered up later.)
Attached Thumbnails
Horse drawn Buggy-048.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-049.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-050.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-051.jpg  
Old 08-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Beautiful work! The detail (and your ingenuity) are incredible.

Yogi
Old 08-20-2009, 05:10 AM
Eternal Member

the buggy

Thanks Yogi, Maybe I can incorporate this carriage with one of you rockets, by taking off the wheels and attaching it to the skin side!:D:D:D

So on with the show... Gave the buggy its color of leaf green and cut small strips of yellow art paper for the trimming. Colored all the metal parts a gunmetal or iron look.
Attached Thumbnails
Horse drawn Buggy-052.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-053.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-054.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-055.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-056.jpg  

Google Adsense