PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Silveroxides Projects

Old 08-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
If you can attach it to (or insert) a tube - it'll fly (at least once). Isn't that the Estes rocketeer's motto? Anything flies with a big enough rocket ...

Still, I don't think I have the eyesight, fine motor skills, or sheer artistic talent to approach what you're doing with this model.

Yogi
Old 08-20-2009, 02:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
This thread is incredible! It's making me a bit homesick though...

I grew up near a little town of Grabill, Indiana. Lots of amish live there. Being around farmers and amish all of my life, I knew plenty of amish. They are WONDERFUL people, and very talented with their hands too. I am sure they would enjoy this thread as well.

When I brought my newlywed wife from Germany, an amish friend took her and I on a buggy ride through the country. GREAT STUFF, until the horse farted. Other than that, it was a great experience. This is unique, since the amish RARELY do this sort of thing.

Anyway, NICE JOB and keep it up!

Ken
Old 08-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired_for_now View Post
If you can attach it to (or insert) a tube - it'll fly (at least once). Isn't that the Estes rocketeer's motto? Anything flies with a big enough rocket ...

Still, I don't think I have the eyesight, fine motor skills, or sheer artistic talent to approach what you're doing with this model.

Yogi

Silveroxide: It is like the old C-119 flying boxcar and helicopters, by the laws of physics, they are not suppose to fly. They just beat the air into submission.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Kenlwest

Quote:This thread is incredible! It's making me a bit homesick though...

I grew up near a little town of Grabill, Indiana. Lots of amish live there. Being around farmers and amish all of my life, I knew plenty of amish. They are WONDERFUL people, and very talented with their hands too. I am sure they would enjoy this thread as well.

When I brought my newlywed wife from Germany, an amish friend took her and I on a buggy ride through the country. GREAT STUFF, until the horse farted. Other than that, it was a great experience. This is unique, since the amish RARELY do this sort of thing.

Anyway, NICE JOB and keep it up!

Silveroxide: I bet you you all had muffled laugh at the south wind of a horse going north.

When I was in the Ohio And Indiana are I also saw the Amish there, but the majority I also saw were Mennonites. It surprised me that the Mennonites dressed almost the same but they drove cars and ate at McDonald's.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Eternal Member

The buggy

continue with the build. The canopy can be open or set back. One of the big problems in this build, which is too late to rectify, is that the wheels are set too close. I should have made the axles a bit wider.

The next posting will be on the seat cushions.
Attached Thumbnails
Horse drawn Buggy-057.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-058.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-059.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-060.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-061.jpg  

Old 08-20-2009, 06:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 8.45 MB
I used to live in Cecil County Md. right below the PA border.
Amish country! All that's missing (other than a horse), is the red triangle on the back!
Beautiful craftsmanship!

Russell
Google Adsense
Old 08-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazyah View Post
I used to live in Cecil County Md. right below the PA border.
Amish country! All that's missing (other than a horse), is the red triangle on the back!
Beautiful craftsmanship!

Russell
Thanks for reminding me about that triangle when I do the Amish Wagon later on.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:32 PM

I'll try to remember to take pictures next time I pass thru Yoder, KS on my way to Hutchinson. There are always some Mennonite/Amish carriages going around.

Currently working on: ISS
Old 08-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee4752 View Post
I'll try to remember to take pictures next time I pass thru Yoder, KS on my way to Hutchinson. There are always some Mennonite/Amish carriages going around.

Thanks Lee, Next on the agenda is a buckboard/family wagon. this will be a design and a build tutorial in one. The Amish is a bit later on.

I think I found my niche and there are not to many modelers out there doing the carriages. I am learning a lot with everyone I make. I started with the Hardest one of all, the Concord Stage Coach and I worked out the problem of the leaf springs out of paper reinforced with wire. These models are as sturdy as one made out of wood. Then again, they are laminated to the thickness of wood overall.:D:D:D
Old 08-20-2009, 08:16 PM

I have a partially finished stagecoach in wood from Artesania Latina. I'm balked by the "springs" which are brass strip in the kit, meant to replicate leather. I may just have to pay a visit to the local Tandy outlet to get some of the real stuff. Then figure out what to do with it.

Currently working on: ISS
Old 08-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee4752 View Post
I have a partially finished stagecoach in wood from Artesania Latina. I'm balked by the "springs" which are brass strip in the kit, meant to replicate leather. I may just have to pay a visit to the local Tandy outlet to get some of the real stuff. Then figure out what to do with it.

Check my Stage Coach Build. I made the suspension belt out of heavy poster paper. I made a semi loose jig placed a pin at both ends. I then formed the leather belt by laminating around the pins 2X. the stage coach has a set of two belts on top of each making four loops per side.

Check out my build and see if that may help you. The lamination made the belts very sturdy but you have to laminate each strip on top of the other individually or when you try to fold it, it will bind on you.
Google Adsense