PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Silveroxides Projects

Old 08-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Another Horse Carriage

Well the buggy is done an now for some more fun. This time it is going to be a buckboard with a rear leaf and side suspension.

The first sessions will be the design and making of the parts for the carriage.

1. The photograph or the master, landscape version.

2. The photo

3. My tools of the trade plus my computer.

4. Tape the acetate at the corners

5. Start with the wheels. That scrap paper is for the placement of the hand so you will not put body oils on the acetate. Cartoonist use white cotton gloves with the thumb and fore finger (pointer) cut off the gloves.

I use a permanent ink pen. the regular pens will not adhere to the acetate and will smear. Avoid touching the work area with your fingers or hands.

Once I have the main pictures that I need, I transfer them to the computer and I use Paint Shop Pro to fine tune the drawings and to make sure the parts are squared.

This plans are almost ready to start making the model. There are some small details to make but I will have to start the build to see how the brake assembly will fit.
Attached Thumbnails
Another Horse Carriage-000.jpg   Another Horse Carriage-001.jpg   Another Horse Carriage-002.jpg   Another Horse Carriage-003.jpg   Another Horse Carriage-004.jpg  

Another Horse Carriage-005.jpg   Another Horse Carriage-006.jpg   Another Horse Carriage-007.jpg   Another Horse Carriage-008.jpg   Another Horse Carriage-009.jpg  

Another Horse Carriage-010.jpg   Another Horse Carriage-011.jpg   Another Horse Carriage-012.jpg   Another Horse Carriage-013.jpg   Another Horse Carriage-014.jpg  

Another Horse Carriage-015.jpg   Another Horse Carriage-016.jpg   Another Horse Carriage-017.jpg   Another Horse Carriage-018.jpg   Another Horse Carriage-019.jpg  

Last edited by silveroxide; 08-22-2009 at 02:01 PM. Reason: add text and pics
Google Adsense
Old 08-22-2009, 01:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Can't wait to see how this one comes out. How about a horse-drawn fire carriage?
Old 08-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Eternal Member

carriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnr5 View Post
Can't wait to see how this one comes out. How about a horse-drawn fire carriage?
It can be done, I have a few photos but can work on it. There are ladder wagons, the pumper, Hose wagons and a few more but I have to check out more pics.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 86.00 MB
I was wondering even a very early auto could be made like this as well, the "horseless carriage" type (mercedes, ect.)
Old 08-22-2009, 02:04 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birder View Post
I was wondering even a very early auto could be made like this as well, the "horseless carriage" type (mercedes, ect.)
Yes it can be made. The buggy is a good start but The fifth wheel has to be discarded and a early version of steering has to be made where the wheels rotate instead of the whole axle.
Google Adsense
Old 08-22-2009, 02:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 177.15 MB
Silveroxide

Very interesting. I've been watching your different builds of the "wagons". Its nice to see the how to. I'm a commercial artist and its good to see the old style methods still have a use in todays world of if it can't be done with the computer it can't be done. To me the computer is just another art tool like the pencil, tape, markers, and acetate. Very interesting design process.

Clif
Old 08-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clif52 View Post
Silveroxide

Very interesting. I've been watching your different builds of the "wagons". Its nice to see the how to. I'm a commercial artist and its good to see the old style methods still have a use in todays world of if it can't be done with the computer it can't be done. To me the computer is just another art tool like the pencil, tape, markers, and acetate. Very interesting design process.

Clif

Interesting to see another commercial artist in the forum. I am a graduate of the old school when everything was done on posterboard, velum and art board. As I mentioned earlier, I can draw and design faster by hand than deal with multiple layer programs. I use the computer with a basic program to enhance the drawings. You can check out some of my sketches in the other things we do section.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:20 PM

My designs for fg (boeing 40, sikorsky s-38, beech staggerwing, claude, goose, DH4 ) were all done by hand, photoshop for lines and colors. It can be done although some complex shapes are time-consuming. (lots of building and printing)
Old 08-22-2009, 07:19 PM

Sorry about that last post, didn't mean for it to sound horsey, (no reference to the wagons)
Old 08-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birder View Post
Sorry about that last post, didn't mean for it to sound horsey, (no reference to the wagons)

Hey I understand the methods, been there, done that and still doing that.
Google Adsense