PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Silveroxides Projects

Old 08-16-2009, 05:53 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Horse drawn Buggy

I have done a few design threads and I have been posting them into their niche areas. This time I believe that I will use the section it is suppose to belong in. The Stage coach was a challenge and I am well pleased as to how that came out but while it is in the finished state, there is more to add to it.

In this build I will construct the Physicians buggy. Again as in the stage coach, this is a beta build in progress and it is almost finished. There are a few innovations in this build and I used other items besides paper and a way to construct those leaf springs suspensions so that it could actually work and support the body, and turn.

1. The first pic is where I am at now. I Will have to reduce the wheels some, they are too big. I already have the jig made out for that.

2. I started out with the main compartment. There is an angle area in the back that I will have to trim off later. Did not notice until I started to place the seat.

3. If I were to place the seat as is, the center would have bowed in. To avoid this I placed a two formers under the seat section.

4. The front of the buggy I built up but each buggy design had its own design around the box. I built it up using heavy card/poster paper and cutting thin strips and cut built the raised surfaces.
Attached Thumbnails
Horse drawn Buggy-000.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-001.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-002.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-003.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-004.jpg  

Horse drawn Buggy-005.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-006.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-007.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 08-16-2009, 07:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I believe in a later life had you lived then, you would have been a carriage builder! I have really enjoy all your postings. I look forward to more.:DRick
Old 08-16-2009, 09:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 8.45 MB
Ditto that!
Patiently waiting for more!

Russell
Old 08-16-2009, 11:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.69 MB
Awwwwwwwwwww, come on! Another one I want and can't build as well as is shown. Silveroxide, you REALLY do build em and design. Don't pay attention to what I said above, I sure do like to watch ya build em!
Old 08-16-2009, 11:58 PM

Impressive work so far!
Google Adsense
Old 08-17-2009, 05:06 AM
Eternal Member

The buggy

Thanks guys. As mentioned earlier, This model is not as intricate as the stage coach. It just has certain areas that are hard to replicate in paper. This is a test subject, because many of the European carriages and earlier Victorian classics had that 5th wheel flimsy set up. The 5th wheel set-up if done in wood and metal, would have been easier, because I would have actually used metal for the leaf spring.

1. Here is the placement of the seat supports.

2. The seat is centered over the box. It extends over the sides. Noticed that the rear angle is trimmed to the from the edge of the seat to the end corner.

3. In this version the back rest is straight. On another build I will try to do a curve at the corners of the back rest.

4. The sides are laminated, curved and placed on the edges of the baxk rest.

5. 6. 7. 8. The jig for making the Leaf Springs Suspension system. Place a thin strip of heavy paper around the the jig. And cut straighten a piece of paper-clip or thin wire to give the suspension rigidity.

KEEP IN MIND THAT ALL PARTS ARE LAMINATED IN THIS BUILD unless indicated as in the brackets.
Attached Thumbnails
Horse drawn Buggy-008.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-009.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-010.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-011.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-012.jpg  

Horse drawn Buggy-013.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-014.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-015.jpg  
Old 08-17-2009, 06:24 AM

Really beautiful model. Love those leaf springs.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I really like these buggy and coach builds, too. Glad to see another one.

You have a real talent for producing all the details of these 19th century vehicles in paper.

What is the scale? Also 54mm?

Don
Old 08-17-2009, 09:06 AM

This is great stuff you're doing, I thoroughly enjoy your threads.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:38 AM
Eternal Member

Thanks guys. I have a lot of pictures to fix for the next posting. By the way DON, I have this next venture to do one from your part of the country, an AMISH buggy. Looking up some details for that one.
Google Adsense