PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Silveroxides Projects

Old 09-19-2009, 11:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I can't wait for the spinnahs and underbody lighting! I consider your animal-powered vehicle projects to be the very finest display of what can be done with imagination, careful research, great building skills and PAPER! I'll probably never build one but it is a joy watching your creations come together.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:22 AM

Wow, you have really out done yourself this time. You have truely raised the bar again. Outstanding work on this amazing project, museum quality without a doubt.

Husker
Old 09-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Conestoga/Prairie Schooner/Covered wagon.

Thanks for the comments, Ron, Husker. There are so many old modes of transportation from long ago that it is hard to break away and do modern stuff. I have not departed from the present and eventually I will do a few modern stuff as well. Right now I am tossing around the Idea for my next wagon.

Military

Gypsy

Chuck Wagon

Farm Wagon

The last one the farm wagon is about the same as the military version.
Attached Thumbnails
Conestoga-p1170321l.jpg   Conestoga-002.jpg   Conestoga-chuckwagon-sm.jpg   Conestoga-farm.jpg  
Old 09-19-2009, 05:42 PM

The fighting 7th has my vote.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Silveroxide,

If you can't make the convention but want to display your models, let me know. I know that Chip of Fiddlers Green will allow some space on his table for non-FG models. I'll be there all day Saturday.
Google Adsense
Old 09-20-2009, 07:56 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmks2000 View Post
Silveroxide,

If you can't make the convention but want to display your models, let me know. I know that Chip of Fiddlers Green will allow some space on his table for non-FG models. I'll be there all day Saturday.

Thanks, I will consider it. I have a large packing tub that I am working on to accommodate my models for storing and moving around.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:16 AM

Silveroxide..im new here..where can i find your wagon designs..i would like to build some.. I know we are not supposed to do plastics but some of the 1/35 soldier sets have some good horses..check squadron mail order....hawklstrikes
Old 09-20-2009, 09:40 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William (bill) Amos View Post
Silveroxide..im new here..where can i find your wagon designs..i would like to build some.. I know we are not supposed to do plastics but some of the 1/35 soldier sets have some good horses..check squadron mail order....hawklstrikes
Unfortunately there are no plans for the coaches. They are all Scracthbuilt. I attempted to make some plans but I got carried away with the details and did not keep a plans sheet as I built them. I will have to sit down eventually and start to make some schematics. :(:(:(

NOTE: My models are in the 1/16 scale range and to big for the 1/35th scale but when I make any plans, you can reduced them to the desired size. But remember, the smaller the build, the smaller the parts and hard to work with. I did the Gattling gun at about 1/32 scale, it is in the download section but it would have been much better if I had done it at the larger scale. Also the same for my Civil War cannon which I may re-do to 1/16 down the road.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
Your latest is another work of art! Just awesome, and done quickly as well, very nice silveroxide, hope you have some plans for these for sharing, would like to build one or two myself..
Old 09-21-2009, 07:34 AM
Eternal Member

Conestoga/Prairie Schooner/Covered wagon.

Thanks for the comments Birder: I have to sit down and start to make some templates and plans eventually to keep track of how to build the carriages. Each one has its own idiosyncrasies.

Now on to an update:

The side utility box is finished but this is the only picture I have of the build process. The other pictures did not come out well, too hazy.

The rear feed box/wash basin/water trough was attached to the rear of the tail gate. when the tail gate came down, so did the feed box. On some Conestogas, there was a lockable tool box instead of the feed box attached to the tail gate. I opted for the feed box because it works in conjunction with the tail gate and shows more details than a closed box.
Attached Thumbnails
Conestoga-124.jpg   Conestoga-125.jpg   Conestoga-126.jpg   Conestoga-127.jpg   Conestoga-128.jpg  

Conestoga-129.jpg   Conestoga-130.jpg   Conestoga-131.jpg   Conestoga-132.jpg   Conestoga-133.jpg  

Conestoga-134.jpg   Conestoga-135.jpg   Conestoga-136.jpg   Conestoga-137.jpg   Conestoga-138.jpg  

Conestoga-139.jpg   Conestoga-140.jpg  
Google Adsense