PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Silveroxides Projects

Old 09-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Pond Racer

Almost there! Found a suitable canopy for the Pond Racer but that is for another post. Here is the build on the landing gears......

These are the steps for the wheels. I used a rolled strip to the size of the wheel diagram. The hub was done separate and colored silver. Colored the tire black and placed the backing on the tire. Rounded the edges with my Dremel. The hub slid into the center of the tire and 'voila', the tires.
Attached Thumbnails
Pond Racer Build Thread-117.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-118.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-119.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-120.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-121.jpg  

Pond Racer Build Thread-122.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-123.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-124.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-125.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-126.jpg  

Pond Racer Build Thread-127.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-128.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-129.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-130.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-131.jpg  

Pond Racer Build Thread-132.jpg  
Old 09-08-2009, 04:54 AM
Eternal Member

Pond Racer

More on the landing gear. Placement of the gear shock cylinders, brakes and brake lines.
Attached Thumbnails
Pond Racer Build Thread-133.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-134.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-135.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-136.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-137.jpg  

Pond Racer Build Thread-138.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-139.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-140.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-141.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-142.jpg  

Pond Racer Build Thread-143.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-144.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-145.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-146.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-148.jpg  

Pond Racer Build Thread-149.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-150.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-151.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-152.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-153.jpg  

Old 09-08-2009, 04:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Looks great silver. The detail's brilliant. Your build threads are great to. I pick up loads of helpful tips.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:16 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen.irl View Post
Looks great silver. The detail's brilliant. Your build threads are great to. I pick up loads of helpful tips.
Thanks for the comments. It is for you guys that I make these threads, to entice you to make more models and to enjoy yourselfs. :D:D:D:D
Old 09-08-2009, 07:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Great job! All your effort really makes the model shine.
Google Adsense
Old 09-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Eternal Member

Pond Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmks2000 View Post
Great job! All your effort really makes the model shine.

Thanks for the comments .

Made the wheel wells with a wide strip of paper. glued it to the sides and cut off the extra trim off.

Prepared the landing gear doors and glued into place.

Made the tail wheel door with punched strips glued together.

Bough a light bulb for the plastic wrapping that closest matched the canopy well.

Did the sticky label method to line the edge of the canopy. Cut thin strip of sticky label address material. peeled off the baking and stuck it around the edges of the canopy. (The best labels are the large ones but the small ones can work also).

The model is finished. The only thing now is to edit the photos and post the pictures. Again, I hope that you liked the build as well as I did in making it. I will take a short break and I will start on the Conestoga wagon. See you all in the next thread, or this one to answer any comments or advice.

Here are some of the pics. It may take two postings to finish the thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Pond Racer Build Thread-154.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-155.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-156.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-157.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-158.jpg  

Pond Racer Build Thread-159.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-160.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-161.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-162.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-163.jpg  

Pond Racer Build Thread-164.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-165.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-166.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-167.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-168.jpg  

Pond Racer Build Thread-169.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-170.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-171.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-172.jpg