PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Silveroxides Projects

Old 09-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Paper sculpted pilot

I was not sure where to place this build, but since it is a design I decided to go with this thread. It is just a beta build and I am learning quite a bit with this build. The basic Idea I took from Ollie with his figures in Tole. The difference is that I just continued to laminate to the desire with the body, which is the main part. the rest of the limbs will be made from Paper sticks, wrapped in non-designed paper towel to the pro[IMG]file:///C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG]portions of the limbs. As I build this figure I noticed that it is a bit of a lead-bottom. When I start to do the build I will try not to make the outer vest first until I get the torso in sync with the legs or the butt part.

I had problems with making the face but I just covered it up with the visor and it came out all right. So far I am pleased with the results. The main problem will be with the hands. I attempted to make them out of paper and carving the fingers but it was a no-joy. Any ways, here is a teaser for my fellow modelers. If I can make it, anyone can. (I know, easy for me to say, but it really is rather simple, at least until you get to the hands).

I just thought of something, maybe I can put the hands in his pockets. At least for now, until I come up with something else.
Attached Thumbnails
Paper sculpted pilot-02.jpg   Paper sculpted pilot-04.jpg   Paper sculpted pilot-08.jpg   Paper sculpted pilot-09.jpg   Paper sculpted pilot-13.jpg  

Paper sculpted pilot-16.jpg   Paper sculpted pilot-18.jpg   Paper sculpted pilot-19.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 09-28-2009, 08:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.79 MB
WOW! And the best part is that YOU made it out of PAPER!

What scale is it? (can't quite make out the ruler)
Old 09-28-2009, 08:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 224.02 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to marksolo
wow! looks like a resin figure to me,
nice detail on the web gears, very realistic, nice job!

Last edited by marksolo; 09-28-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:31 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
This is truly artwork!
Old 09-28-2009, 10:28 PM
Eternal Member

Stevenpr: The size of the figure would be about 3/12 inches (22 cm). It is about the mid size miniature wrestling figures, or Star Wars size figures.

Thanks Marksolo: This is just a beta project. I hope to get better for the build thread. I intend to make a try at another Viper with a new technique I came up with. But first I have to finish my conestoga before I rush off to another vehicle build project. (pilot figure is exempted) By the way, it is your fault I started this, after following your thread on the snowspeeder.

Thanks Zathros: I made it so that I could man some of my ships or at least my new ones that I have in the burner. If it comes out good, I can do a Galactica Pilot as well as manning my Hangar bay. I am waiting for Adama to start his bay before I post mine. (I have it posted over at the Z site before the exodus began, if you want to check it out.)

Last edited by silveroxide; 09-28-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 09-28-2009, 10:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Silver, this is a great project. May I make a suggestion?

Try doing this with rice paper. I'd love to see what you could do. Rice glue is very easy to make by blending white rice and water.

I will mail you some rice paper if you don't have any. I have a huge roll of it that I ordered for another project. It is much tastier than wood pulp paper.

I think you will find rice paper much nicer to work with. You can sculpt rice pulp just like clay.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 224.02 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to marksolo
Dang how did you make the pistol grip at that scale? fascinating

I am a BSG and Viper fan too, but the new metallic flight suits will not be easy to make....

only if I can get Getter1 and Janx excitied about this, they are a great pair of designer/builder.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
That's a piece of work to be sure! It's roughly 1/24 or 1/25th scale. The pilot would look real nice standing next to a model, or you could do a forced perspective view with a 1/32 or 1/48 scale aircraft in the background.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:39 PM
Eternal Member

Marksolo: I did the gun first and wrapped the holster around it. That was the easy part.

CDavenport: This is only a beta build, I will start the build process soon. I am almost done with the Conestoga The figure will be followed probably by a Viper or Sci-Fi fighter using a new method I came up with. I have the details for the helmet and the flight suit. This model is standing up but the build thread will have it sitting down and at the controls. It is those hands that are giving me problems for now, but I have an idea that might work.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Then, that is going to be one large model?