PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Silveroxides Projects

Old 10-05-2009, 09:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 224.02 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to marksolo
LOL, you are building faster than we can review them.

the pace is amazing considering you are designing from scratch as you go along.

nice job!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksolo View Post
LOL, you are building faster than we can review them.

the pace is amazing considering you are designing from scratch as you go along.

nice job!

Actually, the model is finished. It is the editing of the photos and laying out the sequence that is left. this will be a three stage build with the walker and the maintenance bay on this thread and the figures on another thread. I am getting the reference for the maintenance bay at this time. I have enough to get started on.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Eternal Member

manned walker

Upgrading the legs with raised surfaces and panels.

The canopy was framed on both sides with sticky labels. this way the glue will have something better to adhere to when the frame work is put on.

Made two hinges for the canopy to be placed in the open position.

Per opinions from other modelers, I reversed the legs on the walker. it does look better this way. there are two pictures next to the last with the legs as it was designed for the build.

This mecha is almost finished but not quite. Designing the Maintenance shop at the moment.
Attached Thumbnails
Manned Walker Mech-090.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-091.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-092.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-093.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-094.jpg  

Manned Walker Mech-095.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-096.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-097.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-098.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-099.jpg  

Manned Walker Mech-100.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-101.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-102.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-103.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-104.jpg  

Manned Walker Mech-105.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-106.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-107.jpg  
Old 10-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
That's still amazingly fast work considering the time it takes to design then: build, stop for pictures, build, (for i=1 to many repeat until done?).

It doesn't matter what you're into - this is a great build!

Yogi
Old 10-05-2009, 07:55 PM

the mech looks so much better with the legs reversed, i wonder if that was the actual design from the start

thumbs up!
Google Adsense
Old 10-05-2009, 09:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
Fast, and brilliant detailing! The work you've done here has given me long thought towards how I will approach builds in the future. Stellar work!

Tirick
Old 10-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Eternal Member

Yogi; This is an easy model and goes together well with the nose exception. If you were to build it straight out, you could have been done in less than three hours. But you know my ways of building easy. I just use the easy plans a platform and work up from there.

Marsolo: I believe that the legs were suppose to be reversed. But when the originator made this model, I think he forgot about the center of gravity. If it was done the regular way with the legs reversed, it would have been nose heavy. That is why he placed those legs backwards I assume. By my adding the engine and rolling the cylinders and adding that exhaust inside funnel, it gave it a better center of gravity and it works with the legs reversed.

Tirick: You are welcome to any of my ideas or innovations I may come up with. That is the idea of my design threads, to teach new techniques. If you have not noticed in my builds, I have a tendency to build against the norms every now and then.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Eternal Member

Maintenance Bay

Here are the preliminary pics of the Floor and half wall. as well as the color sheets.

The grating plate I reduced 50% and made four panels for the floor.

I made a template or former from foam core the width of the ruler. I did not score the fold but folded the bend over the ruler and clamped it in place. A heavy book can serve as well to hold the fold.
Attached Thumbnails
Manned Walker Mech-floor-edeges.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-floor-edgings.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-rusty_floor_texture-200510-sm.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-rusty_wall_texture-200515-sm.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-001.jpg  

Manned Walker Mech-002.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-003.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-004.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-005.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-006.jpg  

Manned Walker Mech-007.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-008.jpg  
Old 10-06-2009, 10:04 AM

wow, these textures are very realistic, are they commercial stuff?
Old 10-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksolo View Post
wow, these textures are very realistic, are they commercial stuff?

I google for sci textures and also found some at art.eonworks.com. I cut and pasted the parts that I wanted and merged them in Paintshop Pro.
Google Adsense