PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Silveroxides Projects

Old 10-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
manned walker

Some more stuff on the details. corrected the misalignment in the nose section.

Cut a piece of card stock, This will be the bulkhead/firewall behind the cockpit. There was a section in the plans that said cockpit but I could not find a place for it on the models, so I made it part of the bullhead with the diagrams facing in towards the cockpit.

Cut the
top cover front section and placed it over the rear cockpit area. The engine well is still visible. Painted the engine well a greyish color.

Rolled strips of paper into a cylinder to initiate the beginning of the engine. Started build up the cylinder with the small details.

The side access panel were also built up. On the outside skin, I cut out the circle and recessed it into the panel. Made the access panel locking mechanism.

Finally covered it up. I was going to make more control lines and other stuff to fill in the engine compartment but I think that this is enough.
Attached Thumbnails
Manned Walker Mech-016.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-017.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-018.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-019.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-020.jpg  

Manned Walker Mech-021.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-022.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-023.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-024.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-025.jpg  

Old 10-02-2009, 10:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 224.02 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to marksolo
Shunichi Makino should be proud to see this. That is nice detail work

Your production pace is also pretty impressive. I dont see why you have to make any decisions, looks like you can build everything you want in no time
Old 10-02-2009, 12:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
That is very impressive custom model work! I have to concur with marksolo on your pace as well; I can't maintain that kind of focus myself. Wow!
Old 10-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Eternal Member

Thanks Guys. This model would have been finished by now if it were not for the details and others stuff that I have planned for it.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:02 AM
Eternal Member

manned walker

Presently I am at the legs section but here are some more updates in sequence.

On the side sponsons, I made a complete boxed in set, by giving it a backside. I used a heavy card template inside the outer walls for strength, instead of that little box shape thing. I also cut out the small vent holes.

Glued the access panel in the open position to display the engine. Made the swing out bracket rod which also helps to stabilize the panel in the open position.

In the rear exhaust engine panel, I boxed it up and then I cut out the circle where the engine and fuel rods will go. The reason will be more apparent when I get to those parts. It will make it more steady and strong.
Attached Thumbnails
Manned Walker Mech-026.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-027.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-028.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-029.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-030.jpg  

Manned Walker Mech-031.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-032.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-033.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-034.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-035.jpg  

Manned Walker Mech-036.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-037.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 10-03-2009, 10:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 224.02 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to marksolo
nice job on the vent holes, all uniform and crisp cuts, it really kicks the model up another notch,

as Emril would say " bang!"
Old 10-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Eternal Member

manned walker

Thanks for the comments Marksolo.

More details coming up. Made a center funnel for the exhaust cone. The center funnel helps to keep the round shape of the cone. Built up the cone and painted the details.

For the fuel cells, I made them solid and wrapped the skin around the cylinder. If you roll it, make sure it will coincide with the outer skin.

The holes in the rear engine compartment comes in handy now. The cell had an extension that fit into the hole and the Center funnel in the cone also serves as an anchor point for the cone. This method gives the cone and the fuel cells more strength and stops it from sagging.
Attached Thumbnails
Manned Walker Mech-038.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-039.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-040.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-041.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-042.jpg  

Manned Walker Mech-043.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-044.jpg  
Old 10-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Eternal Member

manned walker

Well the walker is finished but I will continue to post the build for your enjoyment. these photos are out of sequence but still understandable.

The cannons are twin link instead of the triple threat in the design.

The rear of the cannons have a round butt plate and the last pic have has what I think a fuel cap of some sort????

I have to catch up on the picture editing so see you later as soon as I catch up and fix the sequence.:D:D:D:D
Attached Thumbnails
Manned Walker Mech-045.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-046.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-047.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-048.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-049.jpg  

Manned Walker Mech-050.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-051.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-052.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-059.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-060.jpg  

Manned Walker Mech-061.jpg  
Old 10-05-2009, 06:59 AM
Eternal Member

manned walker

More on the updates. The Leg to body connector was built up on a foam core board. for strength.

I made a copy of the parts so as to be able to upgade it by giving it a more 3D dimension.

I used a paper stick for the connection to the body, and painted the results a close color to the skin of the walker.

On the body, the connector was a square box. i discarded this part and made a round one by winding a strip around the stick the thickness of the original connector.

I placed the stick into a drilled hole in the body and cut off the excess part of the paper stick

NOTE: This is one of the reasons I used a laminated template to the inside of the Side sponsons earlier in the body build, to strengthen the connection.
Attached Thumbnails
Manned Walker Mech-062.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-063.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-064.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-065.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-066.jpg  

Manned Walker Mech-067.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-068.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-069.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-070.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-071.jpg  

Manned Walker Mech-072.jpg  
Old 10-05-2009, 09:47 AM
Eternal Member

manned walker

More edited pictures. A detailed pic of the rear engine area. This is the process for building the basic leg structure. The next posting will be on the enhancement of the leg structure.
Attached Thumbnails
Manned Walker Mech-073.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-074.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-075.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-076.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-077.jpg  

Manned Walker Mech-078.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-079.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-080.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-081.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-082.jpg  

Manned Walker Mech-083.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-084.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-085.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-086.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-087.jpg  

Manned Walker Mech-088.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-089.jpg  
Google Adsense