PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Silveroxides Projects

Old 10-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Manned Walker Mech

I was looking at this model that has been in my files for a while now. The model by itself as a stock build is a good one. But if you know me, I have a tendency to build a little different. You can find this model over at SF ペーパークラフト ギャラリー Click on the left on original crafts.

I intend to make some modifications and try to enhance it. This model will lead in to the second part, which will be a ground and pilot crew setting.

1. I laminated the side walls to the thickness of the wall. I cut off most of the tabs except for the bottom one to use as a gauge for the thickness.

2. Cut small strips to make the seatbelts. Glue them to the top and the sides of the cockpit. The top headrest and the side consoles will hide the anchor ends.

3. Painted the straps a grey green color. The side go up and conceal the anchor points.

4. The last photo is of the finished product by someone else as a stock item. But at least you know what I am going to build.

Enjoy the build
Attached Thumbnails
Manned Walker Mech-001.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-002.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-003.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-004.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-005.jpg  

Manned Walker Mech-006.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 10-01-2009, 12:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
The Gun Walker is a nice looking design.
I've not built it but would turn the legs around if I did.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 8.45 MB
Your off to a great start!
That "cockpit" looks great!
I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.
Keep dem pics a comin!

Russell
Old 10-01-2009, 01:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 224.02 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to marksolo
interesting subject.

is there a backgroung story to this mech?

looking forward to see how you make the molded hands
Old 10-01-2009, 02:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 529.13 MB
Turning the legs around seems to be the consensus regarding this walker on the other forums I frequent.
It's going to look very good with the pilot in it.We see a lot of detailed cockpits,but very few pilots.
Google Adsense
Old 10-01-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksolo View Post
interesting subject.

is there a backgroung story to this mech?
I believe this is an original design by the creator and his wonderful imagination.

Russell
Old 10-01-2009, 10:43 PM
Eternal Member

manned walker

Jagolden01; Thanks for the comment. As to the reversal of the legs, I will have to get to that stage to see if it is feasible.

Marksolo: If there is a story I have not found it. Just this beautiful model saying "BUILD ME!."

Amazyah: Sorry, but this is not my model but it will be enhanced by me with a few more details.

I believe that for the sake of time, I will try to make the figures out of liquidfied paper. the figure will posed in a climbing into the cockpit mode. I am planning ahead of myself but I have the details in my head as to how I am going to accomplish that. Here are a few more detail photos....

The outsides are reinforced with heavy card. Made another copy of the sides and these will go inside the cockpit.

A new technique for the glass in the cockpit. I used clear cellophane tape on both side of the inside card support. clued it to the inside and then I glued the side copy to the inside to make a sandwich of the cellophane.

In the nose, there is a misalignment. I trimmed it off and made a separate skin to go over the nose.

As you can see, behind the cockpit, the side panel doors have been removed. There will be an engine to display with the access panels in the open position. Next posting will be on the engine build.
Attached Thumbnails
Manned Walker Mech-007.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-008.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-009.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-010.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-011.jpg  

Manned Walker Mech-012.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-013.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-014.jpg   Manned Walker Mech-015.jpg  
Old 10-01-2009, 11:04 PM

I didn't mean you buddy!
The guy who designed it!
Hehehehe
Sorry for the confusion.

Russell
Old 10-02-2009, 09:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 224.02 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to marksolo
wow, i never thought of using clear tapes as window, saves a lot of time.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksolo View Post
wow, i never thought of using clear tapes as window, saves a lot of time.
It does not work all the time, but in this case I built that inside template and that helped to keep the edges hidden from the outside frame work. Sort of like a sandwich. So you only get to see the framed window. Keep in mind that you must have some paper showing for the frame to stick to something. It does not stick well to the cellophane. In this case, the front portion had a paper trimmed edge around the tape so the frontal plate could stick to something.
Google Adsense