PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Silveroxides Projects

Old 11-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Mixed fighter

Well I am back. I will start on the Civil War Cannon soon, but in the meantime, here is my new build. The base for this fighter is the Star Wars K-Wing fighter. It is heavily modified and it is something between Star Wars and Buck Rogers fighter. The first pic is where I am at now with the model.

The nose part of the ship (cockpit) has raised panels all around. It is almost tables so some tabs will have to be made. Once It is finished it will be placed in the downloads. The scale is about 1/48 and is compatible with Tiricks storm troopers figures.
Attached Thumbnails
Mixed fighter-028.jpg   Mixed fighter-001.jpg   Mixed fighter-002.jpg   Mixed fighter-003.jpg   Mixed fighter-004.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 11-05-2009, 01:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Looks intriguing, SO. Good to have you back.

Wyvern
Old 11-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Eternal Member

mixed up fighter

I was experimenting with this fighter and decided to make something a bit different. While it is based on the K-Wing, it can be used for any other Sci-Fi scenario.

Cut the cockpit slot out. Made a rear bulkhead for the cockpit. I used foam core for the engine core unit to give it strength. Here is where i deviate from the build and start to modify the fighter. I had to cut away the front of the engine core so that the cockpit could fit into the slot and fit flush with the rear engine core. I then started to build the rear of the cockpit over the engine core. The cockpit will be done later but I should have done it first while I had the rear of the cockpit opened and could have slid the section in from the rear. For now, it will have to be placed into place from the top.
Attached Thumbnails
Mixed fighter-005.jpg   Mixed fighter-006.jpg   Mixed fighter-007.jpg   Mixed fighter-008.jpg   Mixed fighter-009.jpg  

Old 11-05-2009, 06:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
It's remarkable that you design and build super-detailed carriages and ... science fiction spacecraft. You are interested in vehicles from periods past and future!
Old 11-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Eternal Member

mixed up fighter

I just got back and just got called back for another contract. This model is almost done but the download may have to wait until I get back on or about the 20th of November.

Made some intake vents and the casing for the center line cannon. Built up a series of raised panels. and then started on the Engine pods. With the engine pods exposed like a conventional fighter it makes it an atmospheric fighter, along with the wing controls.
Attached Thumbnails
Mixed fighter-010.jpg   Mixed fighter-011.jpg   Mixed fighter-012.jpg   Mixed fighter-013.jpg   Mixed fighter-014.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 11-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Deco View Post
It's remarkable that you design and build super-detailed carriages and ... science fiction spacecraft. You are interested in vehicles from periods past and future!

Sorry Art Deco, I almost forgot to reply to your comment. I like to build just about anything with the exception of anime figures. They are a bit too flimsy for my fingers. I like to build armored vehicles but I refrain from posting them since they are an object of constructive criticism. I had a good collection of models ranging from race cars, planes, ships and Sci-fi. but I gave them away as gifts when I moved. The 18th century carriages are an inspiration but I have not built any more due to the length of time and some contracts that have taken me out of the picture for a short time frame. I will return to the carriages later on. My goal is to move on to the early horseless carriages and I am building a library for reference materials.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Eternal Member

mixed up fighter

More on the mixed fighter. The engines were made by making an inside insert of rolled strips of paper and attaching the intake fan and exhaust roundels to the inside of the cylinders. This gives it the sense of depth.

The attach point was made by making a slit the size of the attachment pylon from the fuselage. Then the slit was folded inwards to give a better gluing point.The center line cannon was attached and the wings were then permanently attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Mixed fighter-015.jpg   Mixed fighter-016.jpg   Mixed fighter-017.jpg   Mixed fighter-018.jpg   Mixed fighter-019.jpg  

Mixed fighter-020.jpg   Mixed fighter-021.jpg   Mixed fighter-022.jpg   Mixed fighter-023.jpg   Mixed fighter-024.jpg  

Old 11-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Eternal Member

mixed up fighter

More on the build. I have two more days so I will try to finish this build before I leave. Made the Stabilizers and place a notch to attach to the fuselage core center.

use toothpicks for the wing and side phasers. I used an unfinished storm trooper from Tirick to show comparison size.
Attached Thumbnails
Mixed fighter-025.jpg   Mixed fighter-026.jpg   Mixed fighter-027.jpg   Mixed fighter-028.jpg   Mixed fighter-029.jpg  

Old 11-06-2009, 08:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.63 GB
Cool it looks like the ship from the old dos game 'Decent'

Stefan Wulph
Old 11-06-2009, 08:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
You have a knack of choosing cool models silveroxide.

You're getting ever more dexterous - this build is very nice. Some photos are blurred - the best way to avoid it is to always stand the camera on sth solid - a bottle, stack of books, a box etc. - never take pictures from hand.

I see you laminate the surface details. I wonder why :P

Great build
Google Adsense