Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > Site News

Old 12-01-2014, 10:27 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
New sub forum

Hi all,

I just added a new sub forum, paper models in the wild

The purpose of this forum is for you to post the places where you find a paper model.

in stores, in an article on a website(linking to a story about one), promotional models(like the NASA satellite model) or included in packaging(on a cereal box or candy)

so keep your eyes peeled for them, and post them, and explain how one can get a copy if interested

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense
Old 12-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 594.81 MB
Nice idea!

-RunwayOneSixRight (Matthew)
Old 12-05-2014, 12:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.59 MB
Cannon Paper Craft. Mostly a plug for their photo paper which I find prints very well but is a little light weight (45ib) Good for smaller models.They have all kinds of basic models all FREE but also some very good and difficult builds. This has got me into exploring other heavier Photo Papers. Worth checking out
Old 12-06-2014, 11:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.73 MB
The Papercraft Thread - Off-Topic - Comic Vine
Old 12-24-2014, 12:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 98.87 MB
these are my personal photos of a set up i did for a model rail road event at the Military Avaition museum here in Pungo in Va Beach Va. The Dell B-24 now resides in the gift shop where it is the biggest and brighest model. it puts the plastic kits to shame lol.

Military Aviation Museum | Home
Attached Thumbnails
New sub forum-1129141648.jpg   New sub forum-v__bffc.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-25-2014, 06:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.59 MB
Interesting,nice group of models but what was the tie in to the railroad event? Always glad to see someone amaze others with paper models.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 98.87 MB
JohnO the tie in for onne thig is that its an air museum so alot of the models were of aircraft that could be seen in person (minus the B-24s and the Super Corsair) so the public could actually walk into a hangar and see a Triplane or a P-51 and get a sense of what other colorschemes looked like or bits of info on it from the modeler. and the biggest thing was that with paper models you can size them up or down to fit certian layouts with the railroad guys so that they can incorporate aircraft and buildings and such. They also had Giant scale Remote control models present as well as some other vendors. the biggest draw with my set up is that i was able to actually build a complete model on site and people could actually see one come together and the process involved with them. i had people check in all day (patrons and staff) to watch me build a FiddlersGreen P-39 on friday. i put a 4 blade prop on it to make it look like the P-63 sitting in the hangar next to where i was and people instantly looked at it and could assoiate it with that aircraft. they already have me slated to do a big airshow in the month of may so i mite start asking around for any people interested in loaning out completed WWI to WWII models to display their work and get noticed.