PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > Site News

Old 06-29-2017, 08:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 39.40 MB
Congrats and thanks all for this nice forum.

Fred
Old 06-29-2017, 09:03 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Happy birthday to us! etc.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Awesome! And so many more to come!
Old 06-29-2017, 09:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 969.48 MB
First I want to say Happy Birthday to this forum, it’s administrators and the whole membership. Next I want to get a little maudlin and tell you what this forum has done for me, personally. When I retired from the military after 26 years of sheltered life, I experienced total culture shock. Every organization I joined turned out to be full of petty clicks that cultivated friendships only for the purpose of expanding their power base. I even quit the congregation of the church where I was married 26 years earlier, because of that same problem. My circle of friends were limited to my USNA classmates, military friends that I acquired over the years and The American Legion. The neighborhoods of my childhood were gone. Nobody talked over the fence with neighbors; they built 8 foot walls to keep everyone out! I became convinced that the world had turned into a cesspool of petty ambition. Then, one day, I was on the internet to find a new source for paper models, because my local store had gone out of business. I ran across mention of a paper model forum and decided to take a peek. At first, I thought it was some kind of propaganda façade. People actually helping and encouraging one another, and enjoying someone else’s successful venture! Then I realized that these were real people from all walks of life and culture across the globe (some from countries whose governments did not even like each other). Bottom line: you restored my faith in the human race. You are REAL PEOPLE and I thank you for that and Happy Birthday, one more time!
John
Old 06-30-2017, 04:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.58 GB
Happy anniversary

As a longtime lurker and very infrequent contributor, I want to thank the administrators and all the other terrific people who do contribute to this forum. It is a fantastic group of folks and I have very much enjoyed the ideas and models presented here.

Good luck to Rick and to all. Here's to another 10 years and more!

A thousand Thank Yous!
Google Adsense
Old 06-30-2017, 05:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 23.50 MB
Congratulations to the 10th Birthday of the Forum.

I hope to celebrate, building a paper model.

Orazio.
Old 06-30-2017, 06:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I joined this Forum a month after it appeared, and it has become a part of my daily life. I've met a lot of fine people, have become friends with many of you from diverse countries and backgrounds, and my wife, Lil, and other members of my family have had the real pleasure of being able to meet some of you face-to-face and to become life-long friends. The annual Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days here in Carlisle is an outgrowth of this Forum, the International Paper Modelers' Convention in Sterling, Virginia, is closely related to the Forum. I've learned a lot about paper modelling, other skills and crafts, aviation, architecture, transportation, history, nature study, books, and films, and music, and much more from the time I spend each day browsing through the threads, interacting with you, and occasionally jumping down a historical research rabbit hole.

I value camaraderie, civility, courtesy, and good artisanship, which Jason and all of you who keep this Forum operating and who participate provide every day.

Many thanks and good wishes to you all.

Don
Old 06-30-2017, 07:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
Happy Birthday to all ! I'm glad PM is around, here's to the next 10.🎂🍾🥂🍻
Old 06-30-2017, 07:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 78.28 MB
A special thanks to all who have made this possible. Wonderful site.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Congratulations for 10 years! I don't how may forums I've joined in the last 10 years, that are no longer active, but not many.

I no longer build because of my Parkinson's Disease but I still looking at others builds, and I've seen some beautiful builds.

Thanks to all the administrators for their hard work to keeping the forum on track.

Swampfox
Google Adsense