PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > Site News

Old 07-09-2009, 07:04 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Welcome to the Papermodelers.com Links area!!

Hello all,
I would like to introduce everyone to my latest project (and my first one here)

The Links section!

This area is so brand spankin new that Jason does not have the tab setup for it yet. You can access it directly here: Paper Modelers Links Directory

I envision this to contain links to anything and everywhere that holds information about card modeling or models themselves. I would prefer for members to focus on putting in links to free sites and models when possible. I figure vendors can put in links to their sites themselves. The only exception I can see is I would not mind seeing a someone (or a couple people) work on putting in as much info about the hobbyfactory.com as possible. I think Jason should get a bit more visibility

I would like people to keep the main link in each entry to a home page. To add links to subpages just post a response to the link. You can also post direct links to the page a model resides on with a post to the link thread. It would also be good to post what models are on a site like under Phils site you could post a response like
Phils creations has:
3 wise hearts
bag of tricks
beer

etc etc etc - you can also include a link to each of the pages if you want... DO NOT include a link to the direct download - these will be removed if found.

These threads are all searchable so this will be a great way to find particualr models or sites with specific items or info.

I put quite a lot of thought into the categories. I made it exceedingly simple then thought about stuff to add, then more then more and it got way to complex. I saw way too many opportunities for posting in wrong categories and whatnot. I settled on what is there now. A site CAN go into more than one area if it seems like it should to you. Try to keep this to a minimum when possible though and choose the best fit.

I am not locked into this category structure. Changes will be considered however keep in mind I want it to stay simple and wont add new categories willy nilly
Thanks!
Chris
Old 07-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Captain on the Deck.
Hey I see that you are a moderator again. I guessed that you would probably be there again soon. It is like I told Phil a while back, Company is coming, we need more rooms. I don't think he was aware of the amount of influx.

Great idea on the links page, (Was this not what started the mess over THERE?)
I love links, gives me a chance to visit other sites to see what is new every now and then.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Design Admin

Yes indeed

If anyone want to get a headstart on adding links one thing that needs to be done (I already started) is moving from Jasons other site cardmodels.info to this links section. The links need to be entered here!
Thanks
Chris
Old 07-09-2009, 09:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 16.54 MB
Quote:
This area is so brand spankin new that Jason does not have the tab setup for it yet. You can access it directly here: Paper Modelers Links Directory
Chris,

I tried to submit a link and got an error, something to do with permission.
Should I wait until it's fully setup?

Thanks, Moshe
Old 07-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Chris, I got the same thing when trying to post a link:

elliott, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Google Adsense
Old 07-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Design Admin

DOH! Checking....

Try now permissions changed!
Old 07-09-2009, 12:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.93 MB
Hello Chris,

a very fine idea and brilliant realized! Can every member fill in a new link?

With lovely regards
the Wilfried
Old 07-09-2009, 01:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 107.05 MB
Send a message via MSN to bf109
ha it took me an hour but got a lot of links in there , left a few open so you guys (paragon, nothing etc) can fill in your own site
Old 07-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Wow!!

Looks like a lot of hard work and research. If I ever loose my computer again at least I know where to go to get the links. Thanks a ton!
Old 07-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Design Admin

Anyone can put links in as they just pointed out. I will be keeping an eye on things too so it hopefully wont get too muddled.

Categories seem ok so far?
Thanks!
Chris