PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Small Paper Things Projects

Old 02-28-2010, 12:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Nieuport 11 realistic repaint + tutorial

Few dais ago I started the new bird, the Nieuport 11 from Lafayette Escadrille.

Now it looks like this. Hope to finish it next 2-3 days
Google Adsense
Old 03-02-2010, 04:11 AM

The new Nieuport repaint is finished. When I have begun work on this model, I wrongly believed that among Nieuports 11 from Lafayette Escadrille there was also this one, with Indian’s head on board.

Thanks to Wayne from Papermodelers forum who had corrected my error and gave very interesting information about birds of this squadron. As it was found out, the head of the Indian had appeared, when to this Escadrille had arrived Nieuports 17, not earlier. So I had to refuse the idea of Nieuport 11 with the Indian head. I decided to make the “Zigomar”, Nieuport 11 flown by Paul Tarascon, Escadrille N62 during summer 1916. I promise to make the following two repaints Nieuports 11 from Lafayette Escadrille.
And of course I will repaint Nieuport 17 witn Indian head

I wish to thank Wayne and to present him this model (with Kampfflieger’s permission, of course)

At the evening I’ll try to finish a lesson about making of realistic shades.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:04 AM

More thing to learn about Photoshop.

keep 'em coming.

Cheers JTF
Old 03-03-2010, 02:53 AM

Making shadows

I’d like to theorize about displaying shades.

The shade depends on conditions of lighting and from the subject form. As it is known, without light the shade does not exist. To understand shadows, we need to understand what it is light.

Light can be natural (solar) and artificial. Only natural light makes white color, at it in regular intervals (almost in regular intervals) there are waves of all lengths. Connection of all waves (from ultra-violet till infra-red) also gives us natural white light.

Artificial light couldn’t be white. It can be warm orange – from incandescing lamp, or more cold blue – from a fluorescent lamp.

The shade which is created by various light sources, will vary. For us it is important to remember that a shade always contrast in relation to a light source. In warm orange light of incandescing lamps the shade always has a cold violet nuance. In the light of fluorescent lamps it, on the contrary, will be warm brown. Only the daylight gives us rather neutral shade. But for realness I do not recommend to use black color for shade creation. The real black color in the nature does not exist. Black color is a prerogative of physical conditional ideally black body, no more

Now about the shade form. Here are its elements:

- Light – a surface brightly shined with a light source;

- Highlight - a light stain on brightly shined convex or flat glossy surface;

- Shade – the dark or poorly shined sites of a subject, on them gets least light;

- Penumbra – places between light and a shade;

- Reflex – poorly shined places formed by light reflected in environment.

In paper modeling it means:

We should remember that our aim is not creation of the form of a subject with light and shade. Our object – as I it see – more likely in making defects of assemblage less visible using graphic methods. Therefore it is not necessary to make real lights and shadows of object. We just have to help nature make its lights and shadows. We need only add a little volume by shades, to add a patch of light on the most acting points of model a little.

In practical expression it means that we use transparency modes at imposing of layers, freely we operate with graphic tools of a Photoshop or other editor. And, of course, attentively we observe world around
Old 03-04-2010, 10:46 AM

Now I am working on this beautiful bird. It is definitely from Lafayette

Google Adsense
Old 03-05-2010, 12:59 AM

It is finisfed

Could you please tell me what do you want to speak to about repainting? I could theorize lots of time, but I am not sure that you do really need it
Old 03-05-2010, 05:09 AM

Hi Anna:

I need it all.
It's been a pleasure to read your thread.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:27 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
graet stuff anna! I appreciate all the time and effort you are putting into this
Chris
Old 03-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Hi Anna,

Because it takes your time I feel bad asking. What helps me the most is step-by-step; "I did this, next I did that, then I did this". What helps second is "This is why I did it".

Congratulations on your latest repaint. Well done!
Old 03-06-2010, 04:24 AM

I'm with Elliott.

I find the step by step stuff the fastest and easiest way to gain a working knowledge of the program. This then leads to confidence which leads to experimentation which leads to more learning and so on.

Cheers JTF
Google Adsense