PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Software

Old 07-15-2014, 12:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi Oldenburger, thanks for the compliments I use Blender now and then, also for unfolding models. There's this actively developed unfolder script for 2.6 and later: Export Paper Model Script for 2.7
What I used to do is keep the 2.49 version with its integrated unfolder script and do the modelling in new version or different programs and import the result to 2.49 for unfolding afterwards.
Have a nice day too!
Old 08-10-2014, 04:29 AM

New version is out. Text and texture output is improved and some bugs in SVG export got fixed. List of changes:
  • SVG: improved text export - better positioning, multiline text
  • SVG: fixed opening of SVG files with japanese characters in Inkscape
  • SVG: parts (junk) that are positioned out of pattern pages (left/top only) are not exported anymore
  • improved texture mapping precision
  • fix issues with extremely small textures
  • slightly faster SVG export
Old 09-20-2014, 07:33 PM

Hi imcold,

I am very impressed about your work. It's awesome.
I tried this conversion and would like to know if you can show the flaps and edge id like Pepakura in SVG file. The current output shows a layer of text but there is no content in that layer.
Is there anything I can help on your development? I might be able to help on some of the works.

Paperhaha
Old 09-21-2014, 06:34 AM

Tabs are being worked on. The text layer is purely for embedded texts.
The only thing I really lack is a Mac environment to compile and test on. Without that I can't make a Mac version, which I guess would be useful for some.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:13 PM

Hi Imcold,

Will you consider to make it an open source project? We might be able to support on certain areas.
Besides, I am very interested to know about pdo's format. Do you have the spec for pdo format for reference.
Thank you.
Google Adsense
Old 09-22-2014, 02:53 AM

It will become open-source eventually, after I'm satisfied with my work on it. Can't promise when that will be though (next year sounds reasonable).
There's no public spec, nor does Tamasoft want to share any info about it, so just draft notes from reverse-engineering the format. To be released at the same time as the source.
Anything specific you want to know?
Old 09-22-2014, 08:24 AM

Hi Imcold,

I am interested to generate the tab portion on both side of the edge. Is it possible you can share your cold to me and I will see if I can help to contribute something on that.
The first step, I would like to see if we can add the edge number like Pepakura generated to start with. So, it can be easier to define the match edges.

Besides, if you can share with me with your draft note from reverse engineering for the format, it will be highly appreciated.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:32 PM

I'll repeat myself - tabs are being worked on: no need to help on the coding side. You can help with testing when the next version is finished, feedback is welcomed.
Yes, edge numbering can be added. I'll try to make the numbering sequence the same as in Pepakura.

As for code/notes, I'll repeat myself again - it will become open-source eventually, after I'm satisfied with my work on it. Notes on the format will be released along the source.
It may sound harsh, but that's how things are. I share only with people that I trust, and I have a very capable person to help me with coding and re-ing already.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:41 AM

Got it. Thanks for your response. I will wait until your further support. Looking forward for the great work.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:41 AM

Besides, just curious, what's the development platform you use? C#, Python or others?
Google Adsense