PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Software

Old 04-07-2016, 09:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
All sorted thank you. Now, if I hit a .pdo that won't open to v3, I just have to go through 'Open with' and select v4.

I now know this, but I think it may be confusing and somewhat off putting for our many members who are very wary of using Pepakura anyway. Mainly due to there being very little instruction available for using it.

I'd like to find an in depth instruction manual for it myself, but as I am currently studying the on line manual for the GIMP, I fully appreciate that it would be a huge undertaking to write one for Pep in English, and can understand that it's unlikely for any one to take it on. I get to wonder if such a manual exists in Japanese. I certainly haven't come across one.

I'm given to understand that a similar lack of instruction situation exists with Rhino too, but (much as I'd like to) I haven't been there yet. Yes, Id love to be able to use these tools to design new models, but at 72, learnin' all this new digital electrickery doesn't sink in too easily. I think this ol' brain is too full up of old, no longer needed, analogue information, and I just don't have the social environment to let it all out.

For instance ... Did you know that A.G.Bell DIDN'T invent the telephone. He just made a fortune by telling every one he did ... I won't bore you with more.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I got a reply from Tamasoft saying that they'll look at the issue with the next update, so most likely it's only a temporal issue.

JohnM: maybe try to search some video tutorials on Youtube (from a quick glance, there are some), sometimes it works better than reading.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
Great news, thank you guys!

Does anybody know if the license key for the v3 designer works for the new one or do you have to buy a new license?
Old 04-08-2016, 12:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.19 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revell-Fan View Post
Great news, thank you guys!

Does anybody know if the license key for the v3 designer works for the new one or do you have to buy a new license?
No need to buy a new license. The v3 license works.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:38 AM

Thank you very much for the info!

I have just found out that v4 does not overwrite the program files of v3, so you are able to run both programs simultaneously. I'll keep them both and switch between them until the "bugs" (if you can call them like that ) are solved. That way I'm able to use the best of both worlds.
Google Adsense
Old 04-08-2016, 06:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 426.34 MB
I just tried this with Bodhi Linux on Wine. Works great with the few models I've played with so far. But then I only use it to create PDF's and for building.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.15 MB
If for any reason, like me, you assumed 4 would work fine and un-installed 3; you can reinstall it 3. It picks up the license key an doesn't over write 4. So you can both working again till Tamasoft sort the issue out.

I find the new colour scheme very bland and dull but then again I'm not using it for the appearance.
Old 07-24-2016, 11:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
FYI: they fixed the bugs with opening Designer 2 files and HW rendering in version 4.0.2.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:34 AM

Thank you for the info!
Old 07-25-2016, 07:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 528.35 MB
I'm currently running an 3.x version of pepakura. the real "new" feature I'm looking for is the ability to join edges or align vertex points (the rotation points) to align with each other. Has this functionality been added yet?

OK! its halfway there at least! I see there is a "grouping" option now so two pieces that I know belong together can be joined. Now what about some kind of automatic alignment? is it there someplace?
Attached Thumbnails
Pepakura v4.0-pepakura_screenshot_image1.jpg  

Last edited by jleslie48; 07-25-2016 at 08:11 AM.
Google Adsense