PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Software

Old 02-25-2018, 10:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 15.04 MB
VERY quick update, well, i have taken your advice and went to the Corel help forum, which, i had forgotten i all ready belonged to but, alas, it would appear that, i am by no means the only or in the minority of persons having this problem, and, from reading on, the help from Corel is vage and very broad as well as showing a lack of any interest to help, so, it all so seems to be affecting all versions from X 7 upto and including 2018 and ultimate guess that about finishes it for me as, having spent out as mentioned before, some £60 odd it would be off and rather narling to me to start using a cheap free software package that is by no means in the same league as the PSP packages, and as my wife pointed out, we have far to many things pressing to spend money on as opposed to throwing good money after bad, meaning much decorating is being looked at on the horizon , still, she i correct over all, i just feel very let down by Corel and Google re their map version up date which seems to be the culprit and angry as to their not being any foreseeable fix for/to this problem, which is, spread very much over a lot of software platforms supporting map and its latest script/java

Well that`s it for now, should any one come up with a gold bullet to fix this problem, you will find me very happy and endeted to whom ever it may be, but till that time, many grateful thanks and my fondest regards to every one.

Tom.............
Old 02-25-2018, 10:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
In one breath you are claiming that a Google Map update is somehow affecting your browser?
Which is affecting your PSP?
And then you are blaming Corel for this?
Or at least holding them responsible for not providing a solution?

Or I am totally confused as to what you are claiming or what is your problem.

If the problem to your PSP was from an external source, why should Corel waste any effort sorting that out?
I'll agree it would be nice to get some support, even if they can't offer a fix.
But, is it their fault?

But I don't see how Google map updates are going to affect any browser.

New versions of Corel softwares (this may or may not include PSP) require a fully updated Internet Explorer 11 to install.
Once that is done, IE isn't even required.

Older Corel versions (pre X8) did not require this IE update.

Updates in general, for any software, are prone to glitches and failures.
And failures can compound.
Maybe you have a compounding issue that has resulted in a corruption to PSP files?

What version of Windows are you using?
Have you tried a reinstall of Windows (if using an older version)?

Have you tried uninstalling your Browsers and reinstalling?
Have you tried uninstalling PSP and reinstalling?
Have you tried a rollback...using Windows Restore?

If you uninstall programs, make sure to do a full removal.
This means getting rid of user settings, and other related folders.
Do a Registry clean and cache clean.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Okay, I just read thru the Corel Forum discussion.
This is a javascript error.
Not a Google Maps update error.
Javascript has always been a problem thing
...and in the last couple of years, many security updates have addressed java security issues and caused even more problems with javascripts.

I often visit websites that have scripts running that fail, lock up...I get a script error and have to stop running those scripts before I can continue.
I've even seen a complete lockup of the browser because of this, and i have to shut down the browser.
This is a conflict between a a website javascript and my browser javascript compatibilties.
On top of that, AdBlockers and anti malware filters don't like scripts either!

There are also many script blockers in place now in every browser.
Try removing all plugins from your browers and running any browser "bare" with no extensions.
Also, check browser settings...there are setting for javascript. Change them.

This is why the common theme is "reinstall your brower".
Or try a "different browser".

Notice how some users claim the same program works on one system and not on another.
System differences...not necessarily a program bug.

But a program bug will pop up under the right conditions.
One Corel user is suggesting a bug that is persistent through different versions of PSP.

Trust me, its all about javascripts and scripts in general.
A security issue.

Now, your problem is when the script error occurs (when trying to use a Google MAP feature)
you get a dialog box that won't respond. You are supposed to choose to continue or disable the offending script, right?
But now you have to close the program by using your Task Manager which shuts down the entire program and you lose any recent work.

Have you tried this (from another user at the Corel forum):
Here's the way to change this and also to avoid having to cancel PSP in Task Manager:
When you have the script error message, hit the "n" key while you have your cursor positioned over an item on the screen.
There will be a short time before the next script error message appears.
It will give you time to click an item on your screen.
Repeat on the new screen, and you can navigate through options in PSP.
After you have set "Welcome as Default" you can continue to use PSP with no script errors unless you inadvertently click the "Globe" icon.
You will have to put up with the "Welcome" screen each time.
Old 02-25-2018, 12:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 15.04 MB
Hi mate, and thanks for your input, my pointing at Corel is just as, looking at the vast majority of other forums relating to said problem, as one there put it, Corel have known about this for some time and the collective view, and a just one is, they could of helped out by trying to alleviate the error from their software as such, which is not to much to wish for nor expect; Google map scrip is the fly in the ointment, YES!, but, seeing as you don`t have to go any where near the world icon to start this error and also, it would appear that way many others as i have found, boy is the list of contenders ever ending, me thinks not!!!, all have failed and my shots at both mess Google and Corel are echoed on the main Corel site pertaining to PSP software, i do not say one is more than the other, my worry is that i have spent money that i seem to date and in the very long term, have lost due to the ineptitude of software houses not talking to each other and as a result of this old fossil of a problem, we the customers keep getting stuck with problems, and as i seem so far, loss of money, that is all really, but i will try your idea, as long as i don`t have to KEEP doing such every time i load up PSP X 9, i mean, i purchased it as a paint etc software program, not and exercise in how many thing i need to do just to get on with it , but as i say, grateful thanks my friend...

Regards..Tom.....
Old 03-25-2019, 06:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 121.73 MB
I like Jasc products. I am still using Paint Shop Pro 8 from about 2005. Works good and by now I have it down cold..lol
Google Adsense
Old 03-25-2019, 12:28 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Have you got this sorted yet Tom?