PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Software

Old 02-22-2018, 01:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 15.04 MB
Paint Shop Pro X9 and model building

A very! quick question, can the PSP X9 software be used to create card models?, as, i would like to use this as opposed to my max 2014 software for differing reasons, or, must i go out and get some thing alike to Corel Draw X8??

Hope this makes some scence, and i am not going to have to spend MORE money lol lol!!!!!!!!!!!!..............

Many grateful thanks, Tom....
Google Adsense
Old 02-22-2018, 01:29 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
It can indeed and has all sorts of tools that help.

It is on a par with Corel and very powerful.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:37 PM

Hi Kevin,

Many thanks for a very swift response, i think then i shall indeed not waist any money on Draw X 8 and stay with my PSP X 9, many thanks my friend.

Tom...............
Old 02-22-2018, 02:01 PM
Eternal Member

PM me if run into problems and I will try and help. But you should be OK.

Keep your money for printing and more models!

PS Learn to use the layers properly.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:35 PM

Hi Kevin,

Sorry to say that, and i am not on my own, that google map javascript v2 in now dead and my psp x9 keeps telling me that i must update my browser, this is also affecting users of Safari IE 11 and Firefox plus some others!!!; you should be able to click the "Dismiss" which is shown in a bar that is above the error message as i am showing here,http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?c...language=en-US

The Dismiss is as also the whole software LOCKED UP, so as to make it impossible to affect any helpful change, as such, the only way it seems from other forums and affected person like my self is to get the latest copy and as for me, then wasting £60. of my money which i find adherent in its entirety to do so.

The latest is 2018 and at £another £69 is a xxxx rip off by Corel, as also, the software being locked by this issue means that the upgrade offer will not show up to allow the coupon code to be copied to the 2018 invoice to get the price down, again, i am not on my own in this happening, so, i think i am really screwed up well and truly .

I am hoping this makes scence to you and, any one who might be reading this, as, if this has not affected you yet, o man, it will be VERY SOON, and also SketchUp 3D users as well so i have found out.

That`s all now mate, and, it looks like it will be for good, i won`t be screwed by companies like this, at my age and failing health its rather bad form so it looks like its going to be the end, and it would appear from forums other than this one, others will also be saying good bye due to this action, just thought i would let you and anyone else know just in case, heads up sort of, all the very best and thanks again for your help my friend.....

Regards Tom........
Google Adsense
Old 02-23-2018, 03:17 PM
Eternal Member

Tom.

Thanks for the update.

But I don't understand the issues you mention.

Coincidentally I reinstalled PSP 9 last Sunday, with no problems at all. And it's still running fine.

Also to get the discount on an upgrade, you don't have to have the previous software installed at all. Corel already has your details in your account with them when you registered your previous software. This is where they look for confirmation of your previous purchase.

I am fairly confused, but I also understand your frustration.

Try calling or mailing Corel to see if they can help. They are usually pretty good.

Good luck and don't give up - if all else fails you can use Gimp which is free anyway.

Look at it as a challenge, not a problem, and work it through.
Old 02-24-2018, 04:17 AM

Kevin,

I have sent a question into Corel about this problem, i do not hold any hope as, reading in forums pertaining to this same error, it would appear that Corel are not that interested in resolving said issues neither it seems is Google; what is self evident is that, as things go, it is going to catch most out at some stage, and, google will not release the older version #2, which, it has been said, will afford the very best repair for said problem, so, as i stated last, and i think a hell of a lot more all so fall into this area, we will ALL be saying a big fare well to anything that remotely points to any that is needing software relating to PSP and its piers .

Back in the day as one would say, i had an occasion to contact Corel direct here on the phone in the UK, boy, what a total ( fill in the gaps people) their team on the phones where, rude and abusive, and from what i have read here and there, a lot has not change all that much, so, i do not hold out much hope, a very great shame, UNLESS, some one has a copy of said PSP 2018 they would like to share etc etc etc, guess not, not that many people of that generosity about these day sad to say............

Thanks and regards, Tom......
Old 02-24-2018, 06:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Try to find an old version of Paint Shop Pro from when it was still owned by JASC Software.
I still use PSP 9 - that is just plain ol' 9 not X9 or 2018 or the New Special Greatest Thing In The World version. PSP 9 works great with layers and you can run scripts to automate procedures you frequently do.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
Try a website called oldversion.com.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:37 AM

Hi Guys,

I do have a copy of PSP 9, and, using it within win 10 home it is very iffy indeed, THAT!!, is what promoted me to up grade and purchase X 9 in 2017; PSP 9 worked very well upto win 7, but there in after, thumbs down,as an IT friend of mine told me, some older software will, for a time and for some very lucky persons, work as if their is no reason on this planet to ever up grade to a, n, others latest software, but as he pointed out, all things will and do come to a very abrupt end and in the long term, you just will have to get the latest as plug ins and over all up dates start to take a greater over all affect on your systems, and being that this is his job, i won`t argue against his worldly knowledge in these matters.

Many grateful thanks and best regards to all,

Tom.............

PS, if i retrograded my self by reinstalling my old PSP 9 as much as i dearly love it, i will of wasted £69 and im not about to do that, plus, im 3/4 scot lol lol lol!!!!!!!
Google Adsense