PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Software

Old 10-08-2020, 07:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
@Damraska
In all your screenshots, I see that all the icons are not loaded. Did you explicitly block fontawesome.com? Or maybe choosing fontawesome.com was a mistake in the first place...
Old 10-08-2020, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damraska View Post
In other news:

Test 3: A simple Flying Saucer

Something very interesting happened with this test. This model comprises a single mesh but includes 4 inset landing gear wells. I was very careful to cut the wells so they would separate from the rest of the model and unfold as 4 separate pieces. When chopping up the model, Papermaker threw out those 4 pieces. They did not flatten at all!
This is truly interesting! Could you please save your work to file then attach the file here so I can debug? (the save functions is the middle button of the 3 buttons at the lower right corner, since you can not see the icon :p)
Old 10-08-2020, 08:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.05 GB
Thanks for the quick response guys. Looks like Firefox tried, but doesn't have the needed features for the version of Firefox I have. I could upgrade to the newest version, but I like this version for other pages. Thanks again for your help.
Old 10-08-2020, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake7 View Post
Thanks for the quick response guys. Looks like Firefox tried, but doesn't have the needed features for the version of Firefox I have. I could upgrade to the newest version, but I like this version for other pages. Thanks again for your help.
You could try using a tablet with latest Android or iOS. The page is not as easy to use on a tablet as on PC but it is possible. Thanks for trying out my tool!
Old 10-09-2020, 03:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.29 GB
Wouldn't it be a good idea to attach the stl-file to the message when someone explains the 'test' he/she did?
So others can try also with the same basics?

Willem E.
(AKA Ponytail)
Google Adsense
Old 10-09-2020, 05:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 34.87 MB
Good day, phuochd!

With regards the missing icons, NoScript was blocking them. My bad. Your site works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuocdh View Post
This is truly interesting! Could you please save your work to file then attach the file here so I can debug? (the save functions is the middle button of the 3 buttons at the lower right corner, since you can not see the icon :p)
I recreated the file but have no way to pass it off to you because I am too lazy to create an account somewhere or other and upload it. Wait. Email. There is this thing called email. I remember reading about it. I'll try to puzzle that out.

Edit: Failure! On to Plan B.
Old 10-10-2020, 08:11 AM

Quote:
With regards the missing icons, NoScript was blocking them. My bad. Your site works fine.
Thanks for the info. Good to hear that but maybe it is better to embed the icons instead of being forced to load additional script. I'll consider it in the future.

Quote:
I recreated the file but have no way to pass it off to you because I am too lazy to create an account somewhere or other and upload it. Wait. Email. There is this thing called email. I remember reading about it. I'll try to puzzle that out.

Edit: Failure! On to Plan B.
Today I have just stumbled upon a model that could not be unfolded. After about 8 hours of debugging I finally understand the problem and released a fix. Check it out if you have time!
Old 10-13-2020, 06:37 AM

Big update: automatic cutting!

Good day everyone!

Have just released a big update, which is "one button cut all"! Check it out!

https://papercraft-maker.com

Note:
- It is still very slow (10-30 seconds for medium sized object).
- Sometimes produce inaccurate result.
- It is random-based so you can always undo and cut again, hopping for better result :o
Attached Thumbnails
PaperMaker: free Pepakura alternative-model-imported-pdo-file.jpg   PaperMaker: free Pepakura alternative-cut-em-all.jpg   PaperMaker: free Pepakura alternative-unfold-all-arrange.jpg  
Old 11-16-2020, 04:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.19 MB
Cool! Thank you for sharing.
Old 11-18-2020, 10:22 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Interesting.

Will it be compatible with Mac?

Tags
pepakura, tools