PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Fiddler's Green Modeling Madness > Stock

Old 04-25-2010, 08:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
FGMM Natter

This is the Bachem Natter in a different color scheme than the other one I did. I had some time in between steps of another model I was building and I like the different Natter schemes and thought one or two of you might like to see this one. I know it would probably eat up all of FG's bandwidth, but wouldn't it be nice when perusing the FG site if we could see a sample of all of the versions available with each model?
FGMM Natter-img_3783.jpg

FGMM Natter-img_3782.jpg

FGMM Natter-img_3781.jpg

I wish the repaints were of the large version, so I could scale them down to 1:33, but hey, happy to get what I can!
Chris
Google Adsense
Old 04-26-2010, 07:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hey, I like that one. The scheme really looks good on it. Wheres the launch rail for it..? I play BF1942 Secret Weapons quite a bit and that natter is my favorite thing to fly around in. Good job on it.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Great job, CJ!
Any input as to how you did the cockpit? Photo?
The Natter buils into a nice model and is one of their easier ones.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:56 AM

That's what I like about this one, Joe. It is an easy kit; an interesting prototype; and a good looking model when finished.
The cockpit is very simple; I just added a floor and pilot's seat. Nothing accurate. I am thinking of redoing the large size one and detailing it wherever I can. That one would be worth building the launching platform for!
Chris
Old 04-27-2010, 09:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
It has built up into a nice model. And would make a great diorama piece.

Was anyone ever daft enought to fly in it?

Tim
Google Adsense
Old 04-27-2010, 10:03 AM

From Wikipedia;
"In February 1945 the SS funders decided that the program was not going fast enough, and demanded a manned launch later that month. The only time that the aircraft was tested in this way was on 1 March, when Lothar Sieber flew Ba 349A M23, which was launched from the Lager Heuberg military training area near Stetten am kalten Markt. Things went well at first, but one of the jettisonable Schmidding boosters failed to release and the Natter got out of control. At 500 m (1,600 ft) the cockpit canopy pulled off as Sieber intended to bail out. He was instructed by radio to keep trying to shake off the booster, but inside the clouds he lost orientation. Also, the parachute did not open due to the stuck booster. Eventually, the aircraft turned over and slammed into the ground, killing Sieber. It is suspected that Sieber may have broken the sound barrier on the way down."

The early canopies used a furniture hinge and that was the suspected reason for the canopy pulling off.

Pretty crazy stuff.
Chris
Old 04-27-2010, 03:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 113.24 MB
This would make an interesting diorama with the phone-pole launch rail and the support equipment(fuel trucks etc).
Wayne
Old 04-27-2010, 07:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 243.49 MB
Great build! I like this little bird. It was an interesting concept.