PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Fiddler's Green Modeling Madness > Stock

Old 04-26-2010, 06:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
FGMM-Ghost SPAD XIII

Well, I'm probably going to get a little flak for this, and if I don't, I should. :D I had a weird nightmare a couple of days ago, and I don't know if it was caused by having the TV on as I fell asleep, but I dreamed that I was one of those secondary characters in an old Scooby Doo cartoon from the sixties. In my dream, I watched helplessly as the "Ghost Pilot of Verdun" came over this little village and strafed the holy bejeebers out of the town, running off tourists, damaging buildings, and so forth.

Well, the cartoon/dream ended with me making out with Daphne , and seeing those meddling kids solve the mystery. It turned out that this rich developer wanted to get the town cheap so he could build high rise condos and a golf course. He bought an old WW I plane, painted it white and grey, with some luminescent trim, so it would glow, and then he flew it around laughing maniacally, while wearing a long scarf, and a white pilot suit. Weird, I know, but this is MY dream. :p

The gang figured out his plan, and trashed the ghost pilot and his plane while consuming a few boxes of Scooby Snax. So, I was a little inspired when I read of this contest, and decided to do one that no one else had done yet. I saw in the downloads at FG that the SPAD XIII was offered as a black and white, and there I had my ghost plane.

I sort of threw it together, not really taking my time or adding details like rigging and such (and RATS! I just noticed that I didn't put any guns on the bloody thing!) but it is all built out of 24lb bond copy paper. WSAM was 80%, and I printed it at about 75% of that to get the Braille factor of around 1/125 scale. That's a real quarter in the pictures. My eyes hurt. Enjoy.

Google Adsense
Old 04-26-2010, 07:17 PM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
Nicely done. I always liked the look of a plain white paper model - like yours and white beta builds. It leaves no room for question that it's made of paper and really shows off what you can do in the medium.

Now all you need are some of Scoob and the gang hanging off the bottom of the plane, foiling the villain's plot... Try some of these:

Campaign HQ - More Paper Models
Cubee - Scooby-Doo by ~CyberDrone on deviantART
Cubeecraft - Shaggy and Scooby by ~CyberDrone on deviantART

Oh by the way, WSAM=80% gives a 1:48 model, then reducing to 75% results in a scale of 1:64. At that scale, the wingspan calculates to about 13cm (5in) which looks about right. Thanks for sharing!
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Old 04-26-2010, 09:29 PM

Thanks, CMags!

You know, I actually thought about doing a tiny Scooby Gang, but I decided that the plane itself would be enough... Yeah, that's it. Sure...

Your very kind comments are appreciated!
Old 04-26-2010, 09:50 PM

So..... Are we talking the SMG Daphne, or the animated one? And what's wrong with Velma anyway?

I do like the minimalist white look tho'
Old 04-27-2010, 06:08 AM

Most definitely the animated one...

Not one thing is wrong with Velma, she's cute as a button. Brainy, funny, but she wasn't the one the dream was about....

Thanks, Shrike!
Google Adsense
Old 04-27-2010, 07:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Nice build, Lancer! And way to go with Daphne- I think a lot of us wished she wasn't a cartoon! I know I did.

Wyvern
Old 04-27-2010, 12:52 PM

Jinkies! I appreciate the praise, Wyvern... I honestly have to say that I was disappointed that SMG was picked to be Daphne in the film, because I just didn't see her pulling it off. Someone like, maybe.... Scarlett Johannsen, Eliza Dushku, or Jennifer Love Hewitt would have been better... But then, I digress... Zoinks!
Old 04-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Eternal Member

Good looking model always liked Spads

Old 04-28-2010, 12:47 AM

Cool phantom Spad, Lancer!
Old 04-28-2010, 01:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 13.79 MB
Build a black & white model of something, then call it a "Ghost Version". Wow! You just openned my mind to a whole new concept Lancer!

Are you going to highlight your model with some glow-in-the-dark paint too?
Google Adsense