PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Fiddler's Green Modeling Madness > Stock

Old 05-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
It just keeps getting better. Great job, Garland.

I was feeling your joy yesterday when I dropped off the R-4 with the Eglin Air Armament Center historian, along with the tiny CV-22 and the little P-51 over Omaha beach. Also dropped off a set of the simple F-35 gliders (see aviation downloads) with the Eglin Armament Museum to see if they'd like to use them as either give-aways or sell at their gift shop (lots of things that go bang, a great selection of airplanes - including an SR-71, the first production C-130, a B-52, etc.).
Air Force Armament Museum at Eglin Air Force Base Fort Walton Beach Destin Florida Airplanes Fighter Jets Bombs Missiles.

Another advantage to this area - National Museum of Naval Aviation, Hurlburt Field Air Park (special ops aviation), and Eglin are all close by.

Yogi
Old 05-16-2010, 08:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 697.0 KB
Good for you, Yogi! Sounds like you've got some good opportunities to spread the wealth! Like Florida, the San Diego area is known for its military, especially Navy and Marines. We're having a local air show in June here at Gillespie Field, and I'm going to take a few items and put it on their "free" table. The show is private and put on by retired military for the most part. Great bunch of guys, and always willing to talk about their aircraft.

Garland