PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Suggestion Box

Old 10-22-2010, 07:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 59.60 MB
Perhaps you have right boys, but thanks for reactions.
In eastern europe have paper modeling really very long tradition, because, in the times of communism - papermodeling is the best way do build something like a hobby. Plastic kits in that times was very rare.

Thanks god for the present "freedom" :D

On this account- papermodeling in East-europe have high standart. For many people here is paper modeling something like art. And the forum's here sustain this high standart through the harder rules.

Interesting to see another look on this situation.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.26 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawen View Post
Perhaps you have right boys, but thanks for reactions.
In eastern europe have paper modeling really very long tradition, because, in the times of communism - papermodeling is the best way do build something like a hobby. Plastic kits in that times was very rare.

Thanks god for the present "freedom" :D

On this account- papermodeling in East-europe have high standart. For many people here is paper modeling something like art. And the forum's here sustain this high standart through the harder rules.

Interesting to see another look on this situation.
Very true indeed, and I think that may be one of the reasons of "cultural" differences between forums in different countries. But similarly, the Eastern European kits are also regarded very highly by the users of this forum, including myself.... currently busy with a fantastic Czech kit, and the next one is likely to be a Polish one from Gomix.
St. Peter's & Vatican - 1:3900 - Micromodels
Old 10-22-2010, 07:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.47 MB
Quote:
Maybe i am only a little bit pedant But look on polish forum's or Czech forum's - where is model builds is only model builds with really good photo documentation and 95% of threads have a correct name as i wrote on beginning.
you know, I'm pedant as well
but at least every forum has it's own rules, and it's own administration.
You understand what I want to say. I personally don't like at least one something at every forum, but it's all my vision of things.
Quote:
You say - don't read them. I must disagree. If everybody ignore problems, or minor things that can be better or more well aranged, the forum slowly become something like chat.
Well... if someone put topic in wrong place - admins and moderators are on the way

Old 10-22-2010, 12:55 PM

I just wanted to give rawen a pat on the back for having the courage to make his original post, although I do agree with the other posters who have mentioned that it is the prerogative of the forum owner(s), administrators, and moderators to run the show as they see fit (and up to us members to go with the flow). I do, though, think it is good for all members to think about their thread titles, and if not standardize them, at least try to make them informative about the post content.

Cheers!
Google Adsense
Old 10-22-2010, 01:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 20.98 MB
i agree with the title thing, and will try to name any thread i start a bit better than i have done in the past, that is easily fixed :o
Old 10-22-2010, 01:29 PM

I agree wholehearted on the thread title in regards to builds.

I don't agree with banning people for pictures or not titling their threads.

If we wanted to live by those rules, we would be registered and posting on those forums.

I love order because it makes for finding information a lot easier.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 21.91 MB
I find that bad thread titles don't concern me.
If it's on the front page I might not read it but if I'm looking for something later I use for the forum search. It can read all the posts so the title is irrelevant.
Even with a good title there may be several threads on the same topic or I'm looking for a specific post - I don't like digging through 15 pages if I'm looking for one little tip.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gharbad View Post
...I use for the forum search. It can read all the posts so the title is irrelevant.
Sometimes the search will look through the post, not just the title.
...if this is the case here, then titles are not as important.
(but not all forums have this feature.)

but what about when you are just browsing New Post lists or Forum areas?
I prefer to see a descriptive title and not have to waste my time opening all threads just to see what they are about.
And a great thread might go unnoticed just because the name is non descriptive or irrelevant and people ignore it.

In the Lounge or Off Topic areas, this might be acceptable, but in a topic specific area, like say "Kit Announcement", the titles should be descriptive and applicable.
"Look at my new model" should not be a consideration.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoyle View Post
I just wanted to give rawen a pat on the back for having the courage to make his original post, although I do agree with the other posters who have mentioned that it is the prerogative of the forum owner(s), administrators, and moderators to run the show as they see fit (and up to us members to go with the flow). I do, though, think it is good for all members to think about their thread titles, and if not standardize them, at least try to make them informative about the post content.

Cheers!
I think Chris nails it. It's really up to the forum admin to decide how this place is run, and from the get-go, a more "casual" approach has been adopted, which has been working fairly well. But (and there's always a "but" isn't there?), bureaucracies get started from the "that's the way it's always been done around here" meme.

Just sayin'.....

Mike