PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Suggestion Box

View Poll Results: Do you want a scratch building section?
Yes 125 87.41%
No, but I will allow it 18 12.59%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2015, 12:56 PM

Location: Northern Bear Flag Republic (Known as Water World in L.A.)
Total Downloaded: 11.99 MB
Oh Well!

What a let down - oh well...,

Reminiscent of the "sub forum" that Rick was discussing - there weren't any subs in at all. I was highly disappointed...,

+Gil
Old 01-11-2015, 04:16 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
"Ut Duces Sint" Gil: Your greatly respected modeling knowledge is at least equal to your admired droll sense of humour, at least where I come from!! Happy New Year and 2 x thumbs up! Best regards! Jim
Old 01-11-2015, 06:17 PM

Location: Northern Bear Flag Republic (Known as Water World in L.A.)
Total Downloaded: 11.99 MB
Sushi Knive

Happy New Year Jim and best wishes for the year...,

I was thinking about your online name "Fishcarver" - you might want to consider "Sushi Chef" instead. Get yourself a set of those cheap but oh so sharp made in Japan sushi knives and have a contest - "Who's the King of the Sushi Carvers?" Or something akin to that. Just think, a brand new reality scheme full of sharp edged suspense as the happy lads whack their way to new found fame and fortune. There won't be a mirror big enough for any of them.

OK, so I let my imagination get a little loose and wobbly but I think I'm on to something here. Have to pack up the van for a trip to Vegas to pitch it as a new reality show.

Ah, now I feel all better now having cleared my head of another flight of fancy fit into the Worlds of Wonder Boy and his keen hound Happenstance.

Now what was this thread about? ...,

Oh yeah - emanations from Phil on a rigged poll turned into a hard vote for a sub-forum for scratch building which everyone seems to have an opinion on and think Phil was being a bit crafty in the way he rigged the whole thing.

Poor Phil, he's just another victim of Florida's "pregnant chad" voting machine problem left over from the 2000 Presidential elections and has become obsessed with a place to carry out his anti-purist pursuits.

Actually, I think it's a good idea - it would keep the likes of me from messing up purist pursuit territory. Having slathered gypsum on cardboard for some time - I am about to name it "Wallboard II" - or - "Schmearing Tessellated Rectilinear Surfaces for Fun and Profit".

Then there's the "How to Inkjet Print on Metal Foils and Plastic Sheet - A short Primer on Simple but Hard to Understand Chemistry" - or - "Want the FBI, CIA and the NSA on Your Case? - Read this Book" but I digress...,

Maybe it's the "scratch built" moniker that's ruffling the purists - letting go of an overused modeling term we should instead put forth something more tenable and in tune with the times - something like "Model Rips"; "Paper Riffs"; "Paper Shreds"; "Card Augs" and last but not least "Cracking Paper Contraption Cookups"...,

Have to go now - the hot water heater decided not to hold pressurized water any longer...,

+Gil
Old 01-12-2015, 11:25 AM

"I am not a crook" lol

Old 01-12-2015, 03:58 PM
Eternal Member

Thumbs up You are Definitely not a crook!

But I AM a fish carver !! Visit Namaycush Carvers on FB !
Attached Thumbnails
Scratch building forum?-wilma-0.jpg   Scratch building forum?-wilma-whale-1.jpg   Scratch building forum?-drugstore-fish-carving-man.jpg  

Last edited by Fishcarver; 01-12-2015 at 04:11 PM.
Google Adsense