PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Suggestion Box

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 06:45 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Stalker?

OK guys, I'm coming in here to get a straight answer and to try and head off yet another banning. I've had a total jerk and believe me I could use a lot more colorfull language... At any rate I've had a stalker and this stalker has engaged other people through the Star Trek web ring to stalk me and harrase me and he's started letter writing campaigns and PM campaigns and so on in an effort to get me banned from every forum that I got to. Now, I made one post as a joke and linked to a movie on youtube and my stalker was the first one to complain. I want a fair hearing on the warning I recieved and I want to know how to work within the rules here, to keep this clown from going through his same methodology to to do the same thing he has done over and over and over for five years. So, in summary, I'm coming to you the members and the staff and asking for a fair shake. I've had to deal with this clown and his stupid game for more than five years and I think it's about time I got a chance to tell the truth and get a little justice. Please advise. Thanks.
Google Adsense
Old 04-07-2012, 06:57 AM

Change your online identity and keep a low profile. Resist the temptation to post as much as possible. Don't post anything that is likely to identify yourself. You could even go as far as to make up false details e.g. the country you live to try and appear to be someone else. If possible just read posts on the forums and don't post at all!

In an ideal world you shouldn't have to modify your online useage because of someone else's bad behaviour, but this isn't an ideal world so if you don't want the hassle then don't put yourself in the line of fire.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:02 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
The answer is easy. Dont fall into a trolling session with this person. We have a report button. Use it. Report a post that is attempting to start a troll thread and it will be handled appropriately. If you take part in a flame war thread you are as much to blame as the other person is. It takes two (or more) people for this type of behavior to have any effect.
Chris
Old 04-07-2012, 07:07 AM

That too....
Old 04-07-2012, 07:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
And USE the Ignore User feature of the forum.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgutzmer View Post
The answer is easy. Dont fall into a trolling session with this person. We have a report button. Use it. Report a post that is attempting to start a troll thread and it will be handled appropriately. If you take part in a flame war thread you are as much to blame as the other person is. It takes two (or more) people for this type of behavior to have any effect.
Chris
You got it Chris. Your wish is my command. I just hope this guy is dealt with the same way anyone else would be. Thanks.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporticus View Post
Change your online identity and keep a low profile. Resist the temptation to post as much as possible. Don't post anything that is likely to identify yourself. You could even go as far as to make up false details e.g. the country you live to try and appear to be someone else. If possible just read posts on the forums and don't post at all!

In an ideal world you shouldn't have to modify your online useage because of someone else's bad behaviour, but this isn't an ideal world so if you don't want the hassle then don't put yourself in the line of fire.
No. I'm not doing this...... I'm just going to finish getting my own forum together, then I'm going to spread the truth about this guy on the blogs I have, the forum, facebook and any where else I can. I'm not the only person that he has pulled this on and for some reason he just keeps getting away with it.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 58.50 MB
You say he follows you. Would he say you precede him? You say yours is the truth. Would he say his was? You state clearly that you intend to use any means to persue your quarrel and indeed you have already made a start at using this forum to do so. I do not see your action as a legitimate use of this forum.

Last edited by looker; 04-07-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Absolute Final Dimensional Contortionist Judicator

Total Downloaded: 398.11 MB
Nor is requesting others to run to the aid of your cause of getting a thread removed. Reporting a problem is OK. Trying to get a mob together to influence the decision of moderators in how they see fit to do their job is not.

I am aware of the players in this particular game and have been watching them for some time as Neptune is not the only person to have problems with this group of individuals (though not in this forum - so far). Requesting help to avoid getting banned is a legitimate use of this forum (for some times, we all get too close to a problem to see the simple answer). I desire that no one would be banned (well, except spammers), because I believe all can contribute to the forum in a positive way.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 58.50 MB
I accept your point, apologise, and would ask you to edit out the final sentence of my post.

Edit
I see it was still within the allotted time for editing.
Google Adsense
Closed Thread