PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Suggestion Box

Old 09-26-2015, 06:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
This is a great idea. Like Ruben, elsewhere I have seen a "Gone but not Forgotten" forum for threads memorializing departed members, which I thought was nice. I also like Sgoti's suggestion of "Final Cuts".

Even more useful would be some change to the avatar or information around it, so readers can be aware of the member's departure in the context of any thread in which they had posted. For this, I like Nebeltex's ideas:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebeltex View Post
Maybe a black ribbon across their avatar, or (the late) before or after their screen name?
Simple and dignified. Maybe a small gold "RIP" on the ribbon to make the meaning more clear.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
Great idea - especially for those who keep announcing that they're leaving but then come back after being dead and/or gone for awhile.

I believe this to be a form of Attention Deficit Disorder wherein some are just playing around for sympathy while others contract an extreme case of the malady (and fail to notice that they were supposed to return). Happens to the best of us on occasion.

An entry might go like this:

"Mr. Doe left our warm and wonderful group while attempting to build tank treads for an entire 1:16 scale Panzer Korps tank diorama. Mr. Doe was on his 44th set of treads when he just got up and walked away and hasn't been seen by anyone since.

Our kind commiserations go out to Mrs. Doe and her 13 kids on Mr. Doe's unexplained disappearance."

Splitting up estrangement from just outright dying might be splitting hairs though for some in the group it maybe really difficult to tell the difference.

To those who have truly passed on and aren't coming back, my condolences. To those who are just practicing, please accept my forgiveness.

-Gil
i am not talking about the Drama Queens of which there one or two that regulary post'im leaving 'threads to play for attention then suddenly return.There is one in particular that comes to mind.I only started this thread as a result of <when building a model>have gone back into old build threads to get advice have been informed that the member had passed away.Left me feeling a little silly.Perhaps some way of marking threads and posts of member who has passed away so they can still be read but everyone is aware that member has passed
Old 09-26-2015, 10:17 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Well maybe just go for a black corner Avatar strip then.

That would help but only for genuinely deceased. Would also help newer member's.