PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Suggestion Box

Old 01-26-2015, 03:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
CALLING A MODERATOR! (downloads)

Hello, to anyone that can help I've recently uploaded some files to the downloads section, but cannot tell 1) if the first files I sent got through; there was a sliding coloured bar, but no sort of confirmation that they'd uploaded. 2) if the 'SAVE' button is the one to hit to send the files. I uploaded a repeat batch, but hit 'save' without actually hitting 'upload' and was told "a moderator is reviewing the files" so 3) which files is he looking at? The first lot which I thought didn't upload, or the second lot, which I only 'saved' and didn't 'upload'.
HELP!

Yours, confusedly, Plumdragon
Oh, p.s. my suggestion would be to have a 'SUBMIT' button to click, then a notification "files successfully uploaded and are being reviewed"
Thank you
Google Adsense
Old 01-26-2015, 03:52 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Hi Plumdragon. I approved the uploads too hastily. It looks as if the files themselves didn't upload. My understanding is that you may have to hit the Save button several times before it takes. In the Self Help section in Downloads is an up-to-date tutorial on how to upload files by 3turner. Take a look and see if it helps resolve your problems. Good luck.

EDIT: Well shut my mouth, that tutorial isn't there. Don't know where it went to, it may not have been posted yet. I left the files up in the hopes that you can tell what's wrong. I can't leave them up too long though so hope you get a look at them. I'm gonna hush now and hope that Robert (3turner) comes along with the correct answer.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.05 GB
3Turner has made a thread for uploading files. Here is the link: How To: Upload a file to Downloads Section . It helped me figure out how to add a picture to my file. hope this helps.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:52 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
That's it! Thanks Blake7!
Old 01-26-2015, 05:02 PM

Your welcome elliott. Hope it helps Plumdragon.
Google Adsense
Old 01-27-2015, 11:51 AM

Thank you for the help :-) There is no page showing the files awaiting moderator approval, as shown in the last part of 3Turner's tutorial. Perhaps that's where the issue is? Everything else seemed to go OK. Anyway, there may possibly now be three sets of the same thing awaiting approval - apologies, admin! I shall wait and see :-)
Plumdragon
Old 01-27-2015, 11:56 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
2 files have been approved
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 01-27-2015, 11:59 AM

Plumdragon if you go to your profile, and look at vbdowmloads it should show the files that you put in the downloads section after they have been approved a long with how many times it has been downloaded by people here on the forum. Just incase you didn't know. I just found out after The second recolor viper I uploaded, and I found it by accident. I kept going to the downloads to see if people were downloading my recolors. Just to see if people were interested.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:04 PM

Thank you Rickstef, and again my apologies for causing disruption! Got the hang of it now, and thanks to blake7 for the heads up on the Profile download info :-) I won't go hitting random buttons in the future, promise :-D
Plumdragon
Old 01-27-2015, 12:21 PM

I found that the vbdownload is also good for finding a model quick. Say you know the model you want, and you know the designer/recolorer. Just go to thier profile page. Click on the vbdownload, and find the model and click on it. This will take you right to the model in the downloads.
Google Adsense