PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Suggestion Box

Old 12-18-2017, 10:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 23.51 GB
Link to Gallery ?

Hi
just a passing thought, would it be difficult to put a link in the downloads section to any gallery pictures of the model?
If there isn't a picture with the download we would be able to see the finished model without using up bandwidth to download it just to browse.
Liz
Old 12-18-2017, 01:46 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
That is a great suggestion, best left to the designer, and if she or he has done a build thread, or design thread.

Ever since the middle of Spring, we have had an issue with the thumbnails not displaying properly.
Jason nor I know what caused this, we have put in a support ticket to the developers, but I guess this is low on their to do list.
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 12-23-2017, 12:05 PM

Preview of models

Dear Rickstef
I was wondering, would it be possible to have a gallery purely for "paper modelers' pictures and a second gallery for offsite models, and to ask everyone posting in the gallery to post a link to the model they have built ?
Liz
p. s. - I wish you all the best of Christmases, and I hope the new year brings you all joy.
Old 12-23-2017, 01:43 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
The Gallery Tab in the top right corner is for members to use and display their builds and finished models, and links are provided so a poster can use those links in their thread to show the pictures of the build.

Two tabs to the right of the Gallery tab, there is a Links tab, under that tab, we have links to various commercial, aggregation, and freely available sites, including blogs, other forums.

We have the tools available, and I am not going to ask anyone to do anything they might not want to do, each build thread on the forum has usually where the model was bought or downloaded from(legitimately) and what type of model it is, digital download and print, or in a booklet format.

If you want or need a tutorial on how to upload pictures to the Gallery, we can create one, might take a few days with the holidays and all.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 12-24-2017, 11:18 AM

Thanks Rickstef
I'm afraid I'm not just bad on computers but I don't think anyone has coined a word to describe my appalling confusion when faced with a screen.
I think it's like the visual version of dyslexia, all I can see is a jumbled srecen.
Hope you have a good Christmas.
Liz