PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Suggestion Box

Old 01-15-2018, 03:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.94 MB
One photo per model Thread ?

Hey,
Maybe I didn't find it yet, but do we have like a big thread in witch modelers post photos of their models with least of text and text replys ? So we could enjoy our works without constantly searching separate posts.
Like an big photo gallery.

Hope you understand me,

Anze
Google Adsense
Old 01-15-2018, 05:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
There's a section called "Gallery".
Look at the top right corner of the page, the link is between "forum" and "downloads"
Some people use it, some not.

Most people like to keep the finished photos of the models at the end of their building log
to create a continuum experience. And it is also useful to save other users the trouble of
searching for the final photos in a different section of the forum. That has been the general
practice here since I have memory.

I find it useful also because when seeing the final photos, sometimes I ask "how did he do that?"
and it's only a matter of checking previous messages on the same thread to find the answer.
Instead of going to a different section of the forum, and going through pages of other
peoples' models just to find the sister thread to the model I'm watching.

In my very own personal opinion, I've found having separate build/gallery threads is specially
cumbersome and irritating in most of the plastic models forums that do the same. I've never understood
why they would do that, as the finished product is a natural outcome of the build process.

Here in this forum, some people just post photos of their finished models and never
share photos of the build process. It is rare but it happens. Probably because they
share the model in other forums too, and they avoid uploading dozens of photos again
to all the forums, and save time.

I don't think there are any rules in the forum prohibiting what you mention (having separate
"build log" - "ready for inspection"/"showroom" threads), or any rules either forcing users
to post their finished photos in the build thread. So I guess it is your decision to do it.
If you upload photos of your finished models, you can use the Gallery, and make an
announcement in the general thread. That is what some other members do too.

Kind regards,

Old 01-15-2018, 06:10 AM

Oh nice, I get it now. Never saw that Gallery tab, its awesome. Thanks.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:27 AM

Is there any other online gallery service ( not papermodelers.com) that papermodelers use often, where you can save photo as favorite, for later rewatch or inspiration. I miss this ( favorite ) option in our gallery.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:45 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
a lot of people use the picture hosting services out there, and then link back to the thread their pictures using the code they get from the service.

Maybe the favorite option is something that could be added by the developers, if there is enough of a demand for it from other forums who use the gallery add on, not just as a singular request from a papermodel forum.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense
Old 01-15-2018, 10:59 AM

Ye i was being silly. I just figured out i could just screenshot an photo (instead of favorite button) , and then put it in my organized maps .

Thanks for help.