PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Suggestion Box

Old 03-24-2019, 11:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 121.73 MB
Ebay's paper models

I don't know if anyone has noticed, and I am only making this post because there may be young eyes looking. The search for "Paper models" at Ebay returns more than just paper models.
Google Adsense
Old 03-24-2019, 11:36 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
you can exclude certain terms in the search, so the more objectionable imagery is omitted in your results
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 03-24-2019, 04:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
US eBay is the only service that offers sections for Adult and R-rated material.
lol
I tried to sell an old vintage set of Nudie playing Cards, and I had to register on the US eBay site and sell it there,
because Canada's eBay does not allow that type of stuff!
Which is weird when you consider how much more tolerant Canada is of adult material.
I mean, this is the country that aired Baby Blue Movies (soft-core) on regular tv (CITY TV, a non-cable, not paid for channel) back in the 70s!
Old 03-24-2019, 05:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
I mean, this is the country that aired Baby Blue Movies (soft-core) on regular tv (CITY TV, a non-cable, not paid for channel) back in the 70s!
CITY TV had that going off and on until at least 1995.

Mind you some laws haven't been updated since 1960s-politicians are too busy sticking their noses where they don't belong (just like everywhere else).
Old 04-12-2019, 03:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Agreed, they seem to think that it is in their remit to meddle with everything. New laws in the UK are set to enter into the statute books in 2022. ALL new cars will be required to have fitted and enabled, speed limiters so it is impossible to be even one mile per hour over the local speed limit. I expect cars that are not so fitted will be unable to use motorways (Freeways etc) and folk like myself will be forced to use local roads only. Good luck if you cannot afford to buy the newest cars then. Problem lies in the health of the automotive industry, or those employed in it when those jobs dry up. After all, why buy a £60,000 car when you can be just as fast in a £6,000 car? Sorry, rant mode off.
Google Adsense
Old 04-14-2019, 10:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 134.16 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1158 View Post
Agreed, they seem to think that it is in their remit to meddle with everything. New laws in the UK are set to enter into the statute books in 2022. ALL new cars will be required to have fitted and enabled, speed limiters so it is impossible to be even one mile per hour over the local speed limit. I expect cars that are not so fitted will be unable to use motorways (Freeways etc) and folk like myself will be forced to use local roads only. Good luck if you cannot afford to buy the newest cars then. Problem lies in the health of the automotive industry, or those employed in it when those jobs dry up. After all, why buy a £60,000 car when you can be just as fast in a £6,000 car? Sorry, rant mode off.
That's not entirely accurate. The technology will be mandatory in the EU and whether Britain eventually leaves or not it has said it will also adopt it (seeing as we will be buying the same cars manufacturers will be unlikely to remove it when bolting the wheel on the other side). The speed devices will be essentially the same technology to what is already fitted as cruise/speed limiter on cars for the last ten years or so, just with a directory of local speed limits as satnavs have (also pretty standard these days). They will sound an audible warning if the limit is exceeded and then gradually bring the car down, but can be overridden by a hard press on the throttle, in situations where accelerating would avoid a collision. There is no plan to ban older cars from using any roads (motorways and limited access highways are statistically the safest anyway!) any more than when seatbelts, airbags, catalytic converters or ABS became compulsory in new cars. The only concern is that the data on the limit in force should be 100% accurate - my satnav sometimes gets it wrong and flashes overspeed in a 40 when there is a parallel side road 30 close by. There will of course be howls of protest from all the Jeremy Clarksons but anything that prevents drivers from acting selfishly and recklessly is to be encouraged. (although I have managed to break the speed limit on a loaded touring bike - 10mph on a driveway!)

NB: Not sure what this really has to do with the thread topic...you might have brought up the proposals to block online p**n which can only be accessed by buying a permit - I despise the industry but it's pretty sinister.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
More and more I'm getting to the point of were if I buy another car to go with the "my next car is going to be a 60 Ford Falcon" comment I've made after dealing with some of the electronic bells and whistles on my last couple of ones.
Old 04-14-2019, 04:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
I'm with ya there Wayne. In December I bought what I hope will be my last car ... a 1968 Triumph Herald 13/60 Estate. It took some searching, but I eventually found a good unmolested one. I've got a modern glitch with it already though. This new-fangled ethanol added petrol has started to swell the rubber fuel pipes, giving a big fuel starvation problem. Most of the pipe is copper tubing, but there are five rubber flexible bits to replace with PVC and three of them are right underneath where I can't easily get at them.
Old 04-14-2019, 04:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Neat little car. The new blend gas (petrol) does cause rubber problems including in the carb and float assembly.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
I popped the hood on one of those new fangled 2020 models.
Google Adsense