PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Suggestion Box

Old 07-26-2014, 01:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.44 MB
Museum picture trade help

Hi,

I have been to several museums over the past years and have photographed a lot of aircraft, rockets and tanks and shared a lot of pictures with others. However, when I'm designing or building models, I always find that I didn't take pictures from the angles I needed them.

Would it be possible to start a new thread (or more appropriate suggestions welcome) where people willing to help others can post their picture enquiries and others can tell about their near-future museum trips such that both parties can find each other efficiently?

Posting in the reference section a thread for each subject would be too much and I suspect a lot would follow. Perhaps something with an earth map-feature would help?

What do you think?

Best regards,
Thorsten
Google Adsense
Old 07-26-2014, 01:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Thumbs up

Why not look at the category allready for this type of info?

Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers - PaperModelers.com

I always post my pics here and any walk around.
example:
Dayton airshow 2014

Also, I attach links in the Aviation sub forum.

example:
Walk around pics

I'm sure a better section may be called reference and walk around ?

Isaac
Old 07-26-2014, 02:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.44 MB
Thank you for the links, Isaac!

My suggestion was more for in-future suggestions, such as: Could you please take a picture of panel XX of plane XX when you go to the museum XX? Or: I will go to museum XX in a few weeks, does anyone need pictures of a special subject?

All this packed together in a form that you can look up in one thread if someone wants a picture you could take for him, or if someone goes to a museum where you need a photo from.

I know that there are a lot of walk arounds online, but in some cases, it would be nice to have special views. And on the other side, I would be willing to help anyone who needs special pictures of museums that I'm going to, but don't know from their needs. A special communication platform for this would be nice I think.

Thorsten
Old 07-26-2014, 02:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Good idea Thorsten, but will agree with Isaac that a thread in the existing Museum, etc. category is probably the best place for it...just put the name of the tractor (sorry, couldn't resist that), aircraft, armor, etc. in the subject line. Giving the name of the museum if you know it has the subject you want is a good idea also. Especially the first time I go to a museum I may have a general idea of what they have, but obviously not all of what they have.