PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Tips and Techniques

Old 02-19-2011, 10:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
streetpaper FDNY Rescue1 in HO scale

this is for anyone that builds in 1.87 HO scale
print out the model of Rescue 1 at 50%.. youy should hgave a rescue boy about 4 inches long, and 1 1/4 inch high, and a little over 1 inch wide.
if you have a Boley rescue truck the diamentions should be about the same, the street paper rescue body will be longer only cause it is running double rears.

score your folding lines and glueing tabs and mark them with pen ,,, now wat your gonna do next is use match book covers.. cut them in half and use tacky or wook working glue NOT GLUE STICK. OR SPRAY its a waste of glue and some glue stick will not hold... glue the match book covers matching them up with the markings you made on your scores

use something heavy to flatten out your sides so they dont warp( i use a crystolon JB6 combo oil stone) do 1 side and then the other
next cut out your cut out for your wheels and ... fold your rescue box... andd match book covers to the rear inside and front inside of your rescue truck.. again use force to keep it from warping,,, then repeat for the roof of the rig.

do the same for the cab

when you are done you will have a rescue boy that is a bit stronger and is not showing any warps what so ever.. now to add some weight load with balsa wood cut to width. glue in the frame. or use a modified herpa or athrens double screw frame.. you will see that the notch at the bottom of the rear cab wall and front rescue body wall will fit it perfectly to the frame

glue a bottom to your truck body out of heavy card board.. add the equipment boxes

if you want to build it as the original Rescue ! you will have to make more copies and do some rebuilding so that the rear crew door is receesed the distace is the same as the last body high compart ment
next you can detail your emergency side lighting and rear lighting
its not hard any one that has ever scratch built useing spec. diagrams knows the drill
now if you really want to detail the truck.. do wat the builders at the scale fire engine sites do.. cut out each part copy to heavy cardboard or what ever,,, glue .. sand .. add compartment doors and deatils as needed glue sand etc etc.. prime paint letter stripe detail ..but that takes longer ,with a steady hand and eye it can be done perfectly even in 1/87 scale
Google Adsense
Old 02-19-2011, 03:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.73 MB
This does not seem to be available for download, anymore.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
i guess i can email you the copy i got, i dont think the adm. will be all that upset or you could ask him, up to u how u want to do it